The Longarmer's Prayer

Dear Lord,

So far today I am doing all right.

I haven't ripped a hole in a top or stitched my sleeve to the leaders.

I have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish or self-indulgent.

I haven't had to rip out any stitches or put a PITA customer in her place.

I have not whined, complained, cursed, or eaten any chocolate.

I have not charged anything on my credit card.

But I will be getting out of bed in a minute and I think that I will really need your help then.

Amen

Linda,

I love it. Just innocently went out today to the local quilt store. How was I to know that they have a nice vintage feather weight with all attachments original books with a sturdy case with a lift out shelf. The price was 225.00. How was I to know that I had forgotten to pick up 2 blocks of the month. well needless to say 334.00 later I was a little bit naughty today but oh well it could have been worse. I didn\'t cuss or scream or complain. I visited my one year old grand daughter. I didn\'t eat any ice cream yet but bedtime is hours away and that\'s as danger zone. I did pick up a new pattern but it was on sale for 2.00 what\'s a quilter to do. I guess I\'m just investing in cotton futures.

Ok I blew it on the last three, I think I\'m ok on the top two. Just one question, does spending nearly $300 in a fabric store when I went in for a wide back make me self indulgent? If so then I\'ve blown #2. Heck I might as well sew a sleeve to a leader and call it a day. DB

My daughter bought a Singer Featherweight for $ 5.00 from a guy at a yard sale !!! She did not know what she was buying or he did not know what he was selling LOL wanted $ 10.00 and she talked him down to $ 5.00!!!!!!!! I laughed and told her she better go give him his other five bucks .lol Needless to say I ended up with it and it is in almost mint condition . I had never been able to find one anywhere LOL:P

Oh, that is tooooo funny! I saved it, have to do something with it and put it on my wall! Well, today my credit card was safe because there is no money left to spend on it! But, I pretty much did all the other things, except sewing my sleeve on a leader! But I got the tail of my shirt caught in the wheels, does that count! Thank-you for the laughs. I am still going to load another quilt and hopefully get a good start on it because tommorrow I will again have hired hands to feed and house and I just don\'t get anything done then!

Thank-you Linda for your post!

Cher

did the chocolate, did the spending thing tuesday, having sewn myself to the leaders yet, have decided that the only way my fabric and thread habit might slow down is storing ALL of it in plain view of my daily LA. so I\'m not in denial about it\'s size. So easy to say it isn\'t as obscenely huge when it is all nicely tucked into plastic totes in various rooms in the house:D:D

oh yeah the cursing thing is hopeless:P

thanks linda!! you are a kick-mwl

Bonnie, Never thought about the shiney rock thing....if I send APQS a shiney rock MAYBEEEEE........nah, they read this stuff, too! :D:D:D

I got my Featherweight from XBF\'s mother! She got it for her 12th birthday in 1934 and gave it to me for Xmas one year! I didn\'t get the case and attachments, tho, just the machine. Her stepmother lived across the street and wouldn\'t let go of it. When she died she left everything to the neighbor.

Ok, I\'m gone!

Eating chocolate & making a fresh pot of coffee, My retreat ladies are gone to Trillium House, my house is quiet (DH gone "hunting" with grandsons) oh, quiet and chocolate!

Think I\'ll load this lovely "chocolat" quilt. There seems to be a connection here, how can one resist?

Have a great weekend all,

Archived