Another Alaska Themed Quilt!

This is the other quilt I did for a customer from Palmer, Alaska.

She wasn't sure what she wanted when she dropped it off. We had discussed several options, But when I got it on the machine, it took on a whole new look.

Needless to say, She was just thrilled with the end results.

She is the same customer I did the "Aurora Borealis" quilt with the Niteglow thread.

She recieved this quilt already but has not seen the Glow in the dark one as of yet.

As always, Thanks for looking! :)

Laura

post--13461898893868_thumb.jpg

Thanks Sandra, Jean and Heidi!!

Heidi- I used the Hartley Fence for my Circles. It was so easy and took no time at all. I think the circles were just what the quilt needed. Rulers for the 1/4 inch outlineing and piano keys on the border (not shown) and I just McTavished where the circles came togther. This quilt was actually very simple to do and took no time at all. the hardest part was that the thread color was such a good match to the fabric, that I had to keep stopping to see what I had done.

Thanks Again-

Laura

Hey Teresa- The backing fabric was similar to the northern lights fabric used in the "Aurora Borealis" quilt but with the rainbow colors instead of just the blues and greens. I used Warm Blend for longarms as the batting. As for the bobbin thread, I used The Bottom Line Prewounds.

Hey Shana- When I took in this quilt, My customer stressed "8 Stars of Gold in a Sky of Blue." I did\'nt get any pictures of the border, But what I did wasmake a template of the star blocks and Quilted 8 of them down each side border, then echoed in 1/4 inch until I couldn\'t echo anymore.

everythng was quilted in the matching blue thread except the yellow points of the stars. She really wanted those to pop.

Thanks again!

Laura

Archived