Need help deciding

This is what I'm working on this weekend. It is made of strips of scraps. The blocks are 11", the sashing is 3". It will be for a twin bed in the extra bedroom, where Nevaeh can stay when she spends the night. I can't decide between white sashing or black sashing.

Hopefully there will be a picture here:

post--13461898947023_thumb.jpg

Me to the black...but again its what are you looking for ....if the colors are brights then black will pop them more, if you are mixing the brights with pastels or mediums...them you need to cut a few of both to see which looks the best.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by chickenscratch

Nevaeh said it has cute fwowers and fluttlerflys on it.

Awwwww! Love the way those little ones speak and can\'t quite say all the words right just yet...

The quilt fabrics and the quilting are so darling. You sure know the way to your little granddaughter\'s heart. :)

Is that Caron\'s freehand peacock swirl design that you used on the top?? It\'s so precious.

PS: Glad you finally got the Rainbows thread to work for you. I was having trouble with mine breaking yesterday, too!

the quilting is make it up as you go pattern. I just started going with something and kept going.

THe thread was a major pain in the butt. I\'ll bet it broke at least 60 times.

Will this quilt ever go to a show and win an award? Nope, but it passed the Nevaeh approval test; and that\'s more important than any blue ribbon.

Archived