friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

Teresa,

My apologies because I sent my blocks out without my name, state and date...I thought that was optional and I must have missed where it was made a rule. I hope all of you forgive me and if you want to add it to your block feel free. I\'m in NY.

I sure hope everybody got the colors they wanted. Please let me know with a u2u if your block isn\'t what you wanted because I want to make it right. There were only a few on my list that didn\'t have any choices and all the others I stayed within their requests.

Teresa - if you end up needing extra blocks for people who don\'t receive theirs please let me know I can make a few more.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bobbi,

I don\'t think you\'re fabric would be too much. I\'d lay out the fabric and lay the blocks on top of the fabric with a space and you will know right away if you will like it. I too am very traditional and I have a really hard time with lots of different patterns and colors so I\'ll struggle to find a way to make it blend. I\'ll probably end up putting a sashing in mine but not sure what color yet. I\'m think Green may go well with the purples. I don\'t have anything at all purple in my house I just thought it would be a nice change and it made me think of spring!

I was so excited to get 2 envelopes in one day! What a treat and it felt like my BD or something!

Michelle - I loved the square and the pattern was so pretty. I took note that you are in Va. Beach!! My son (a Marine) was stationed there for 2 years and we loved that placed! Stayed almost right on the beach in a condo for a week before he deployed to IRAQ - what a beautiful place! Loved the "no cussing" signs on the beach and even bought a metal one to put on our patio around the pool! It always gets remarks and a fun memory.

Heidi -great colors of blue for my square!! it\'s perfect for me and what I plan to do with all the blues I am getting! Thank you so much!

You ALL are the BEST! I\'m so excited and will have mine all done very shortly.

Heidi:

You\'re right, but I think I\'ll wait til I get the rest of my blocks to see what to use as sashing. I keep turning them and re-positioning them and trying on point.... you know the drill! Sometimes I leave them for days and just step over them... (it\'s good to live alone sometimes) LOL

Linzi: Your blocks are wonderful! wish I was on your list. -b

Alright, I admit I have not sent out ANY blocks yet...:( I was also

stuck as to what block I wanted to make. Not any more though!

I just quilted this table runner and fell in love with a block in it! I

took it back to the Quilt shop yesterday and asked if she knew

the name of it, she didn\'t, but she reconginzed it as a block from

a Block of the Month program from about 5 yrs ago.:):)

She actually found the pattern for me too! I already did take a

photo of it and also draw it out on grid paper before I left home.

So now I will get to it!! After I finish the Feathered Star for our

Show quilt.....

She has NO idea. It was on a Thangles "Buck a Block" sheet.

I will post a photo of them, before I mail. Something just struck

me when I first saw it, and after I just meander quilted around

it, I liked it even more!! O.k. I will just take a photo of the sheet

and post it more.... give me a bit.....

post--13461899241349_thumb.jpg

It is just a bunch of HST and a couple of Quarter SquareTriangles

The pattern is for a finished block of 9 1/2" so I will have to redo

things a bit.... or add a shashing to make it 12 1/2" - but I just

like it, only 2 colors though, not very scrappy.

Anybody know the name? Please tell me if you do! Thanks in

advance!!:);)

Whew! I\'m done! I didn\'t take pics, but I finished the last 9 blocks today. I mailed the rest out on Feb 2nd. Here\'s my list, if anyone is missing a block in a week or so, let me know. I\'m not sure how long it takes for mail to get to Germany or Scotland, but they have been sent!

Donna Smith

Judi Olson

Kristi Combs

Claudia Pfiel

Beverly Vance

Dianne Brodin

Kristie Watson

Jo Ellen Rogers

Marylyn Jones

Wilma Depriest

Linzi Upton

Mardigras Beads