friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received a lovely block from Marylyn - thank you! What is it called or is is original?

I\'m up to my eyes in wool tartan - start of the salmon fishing season and the LQS wants tartan quilts ASAP! I\'m also finding my feet as a Guild Rep. for my area, trying to do paying quilts, want to enter competitions and do my own stuff too - PHEW!! What I\'m saying is that my blocks are under construction and will meet the due date... I wish friends would not ask me to fix their jeans though:mad: You\'ll get them - just wait!:P

LINZI x

I have seven blocks done, seven to go. My DH was hospitalized for 8 days with severe cough and breathing problems (they finally diagnosed him on the 7th day with Irritable Larynx Syndrome).

So I have been at the hospital pretty much all of my waking hours.

He is home now, and doing better, but still requires a lot of care. Plus, his Mom came out from San Diego for a week to help out, so I\'ve had company, to boot!

I finally got another 2 blocks done Saturday night (which made 7), and a third cut out, so I\'m making progress. They aren\'t "due" til May, right?

Thank you to all who have sent blocks to me so far, I\'m sorry I don\'t have specific names to list, I feel like I\'m just barely keeping my head together!

Anyway, still working.....

Cathy,

I hope your hubby is doing better...oh and MIL with you too...hope you get along!

I finally got 2 blocks stitched. Not sure who they are going to yet but I\'ll get that squared away this weekend. I\'m planning on getting more of them done this weekend, doubt I\'ll have time during the week. Maybe I can just get some of them cut out. Good thing we have until May!

Heidi

Thank You Melora for the beautiful brown heart block, it is perfect. I can\'t wait to make \'My\' quilt. I went to a class in South Haven Michigan with Deloa Jones and have already been trying some of the new designs I learned.

I sent out all of the rest of my blocks last Thursday. I would have taken pictures and posted but I can\'t figure out how to post them. Hopefully everyone with post a pic of their finished quilt.

Hope everyone is staying warm and dry. Here in Indiana the temperature and the rain/snow/fog/flooding is... well... this is Indiana you get it all, sometimes it even happens all at once.

Kristie:D

2450667590101848528hAzsVr_th.jpg

THEY ARE FINISHED!!!! I managed to get all 14 finished, it\'s hard for me to believe. I\'m new to quilting and I thought it would take me forever. The pattern is called "Painted Daisy" from an old Thimbleberry book. The top left is the scrappy, then the purple and blue. The bottom ones are green,black and white and Christmas. I received my first 3 blocks this last week from Beverly, Marylin and Kristie. They are beautiful. Please click on the image to go to the Web Page for a closer look.

I sent all my blocks 2 weeks ago and haven\'t heard that they arrived to:

Nancy Propheter, Cathy Evans, Claudia Pfiel, Donna Smith or Jo Ellen Rogers.

Thank you to those who have responded: Bobbi, Melora, Merry Jo, Judi O, Kristie W, Kristi C, Beverly, Dianne and Marylyn. :)

Rita, I sent an email to you with Merry Jo\'s address.

Archived