friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning Girls,

I would like to say thank you to Teresa and Barbara for my lovely blocks. It is fun to receive these packages. I am already thinking about the layout for the quilt.

I have 10 blocks completed, another two cut out. Once I have them all done I will mail them. My poor husband was going on about how......ÿou should be quilting and practicing on your Longarm, not quilt for fun!!!" --------How wrong can men be sometimes??? :P

Enjoy your day........

Hi Everyone!

My computer at home is being a pill, and won\'t let me on. I can\'t seem to login on my husbands, so I can read, but can\'t talk to anyone. Finally here at work, and the silly thing is so slow that it\'s frustrating! Anyway, I\'ve received 2 more lovely blocks, one from Bev Hogan, and I\'m sorry, but can\'t recall the other name now that I\'m at work.

Hey Bev, you and I live in the same part of of the same town! Small world, but I bet you figured that out when you wrote down my address.

Hopefully this weekend DH will be able to get my computer back up and connected. Speaking of DH, woud you please pray for him and his job situation? He did a career change a few years ago, decided to go to nursing school, then decided that wasn\'t for him after all. So tired of high tech, but did some more just for a job. Finally got one that he was really starting to like, and after 4 weeks the portion of the company that he works at was sold to another local company. I\'ve heard nothing but good about Precision Castparts from others who have worked, or known people who worked for them, and they are the ones who bought out XRI. I know that it will all work out fine, that God\'s got a plan, but he\'s still on angry about this. Able to verbalize that he knows we\'ll be fine, but did it have to be the same week I cut down my "real" job to 3 days a week?!

Thanks in advance for the support, the frienship blocks and the conversation. You are all just the best!

Beth

Hi Everybody!

Good heavens, I am soooo happy to be among the living... that flu stuff is for the birds it\'s been 2 1/2 weeks and I finally feel better.... the antibiotic and the cough syrup with codene sure helped! Feel like I\'ve been in a stupor for a while!

Anyway, I read back thru this thread to see who all received their blocks from me.... Thanks to Melora, MerryJo, Donna, Judi O, Kristi (W?), Beverly, Dianne, Marylyn, and Wilma for letting me know you received my blocks.

I hope Claudia and Linzi get theirs soon... don\'t know how long it takes from Ohio to Europe. I don\'t think I\'ve heard from Cathy, Kristi Combs, or Jo Rogers who are all "States side". Are they lost? I hope not, but let me know!

If you already let me know, just chalk it up to the cough syrup stupor!!!

Hope everyone is well and having a great February!!!!

Judi,

We are fine, but some people around us have been killed, and many homes destroyed. The official damage estimate as of today (residetial and commerical together) is 88 million dollars in damage. The tornado that hit Jackson was an F4 with 247 mph winds, they say.

I got 2 beautiful blocks in the mail today:P

Thanks to Bev Hogan (I love that pattern) and to Wilma Depriest (where did you get the fab fabric?)

I am so glad we are all having fun doing these exchanges. I can\'t wait to start the next one.

I spent about an hour and a half this afternoon ranting at everyone as I had mysteriously LOST more than half of my block units and the construction diagrams:mad: I was fizzing!

Then suddenly had a flash of inspiration and discovered a stash of strip piecing hanging on a quilt pulley in the workshop (yes, I did put them up there!) and the diagrams were underneath my cutting mat (big sigh of relief!) So finally all the litlle bits are all lined up neatly ready for assembly in ONE PLACE!!:D

LINZI x

Thank you Bev Hogan! I received your lovely block today and am thrilled with it. I love the way you embroidered your name, city, state and the year. Your piecing is just fine...what do you mean that your seams didnt match? Of course they did. It looks terrific. Many thanks,

To Wilma DePriest - Thank you for the wonderful block. I love the fabrics (in fact, I have 2 of them in my stash). It really looks very nice and will look great with my other blocks.

Sandy

Archived