friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I was posting here and discovered I was in the first post!!!

Here it is again.

I have received 6 wonderful blocks from - Rita, Michelle, Roxie, Bobbi, Melora and Merry Jo.

I have sent my blocks out and received or noticed on the post, confirmations from - Karol, Beverly Hogan, Claudia, Teresa, Kristie W., Wilma, Marylyn, Dianne and Judi, thank you.

I might have missed posts but I have not received confirmation from - Linzi, Jo Ellen, Laura, Beverly Vance and Mardigras. Most importantly, please let me know if you did not received your block.

It was a pleasure making the blocks.

Kristy - Illinois

Heidi:

I kinda do too... Actually after I took the picture, I got to thinking about sashing. I have to check my stash, but what if I used the swirly thing I used for my Ohio Star? I am so traditional, it would be soo out there for me... ! (or something like it for sashing) too much?

I have recieved threee beautiful block this week

thank you to

Michelle S, Heidi M, and Bonnie B.

I can\'t wait to put this together,

On a side note I have been adding your names to the blocks if they were not put on. It is wonderful that they come from all over.

Thanks Agailn,

Melora

Okay, I\'m going to be a bit of a b**** here, but I\'ve gotten several emails so I think it\'s time to go back over the rules.

Everybody committed to build and mail all 14 blocks. You have until May 31st to have them to the receivers.

Everybody agreed to use the colors specified. We really tried to simplify this, so please do it. So far I\'ve seen some awesome blocks and combinations of blocks.

Everybody SHOULD be gracious enough to say thank you, or at least acknowledge that a block arrived, whether you like it or not. (That\'s just good manners, people)

Everybody should be signing and dating their blocks and putting the city, state, country. This is the best part!!!

Several have complained that they haven\'t heard from recipients. One has gotten something in colors she did not want.

Please, please, play nice.... and if you don\'t want to finish, let me know NOW, so I can figure out what to do about your unfinished blocks.

Thanks. This has been great fun and I can\'t wait for the Christmas block exchange. It will be awesome.

Somebody asked me to add this.

If you have received blocks in the mail and then decided you are not going to follow through,then you need to mail out blocks to that many people from the top of your list. Don\'t get 5 or 6 and NOT make ANY to mail out. That is really not fair.

Okay, off the soapbox for now.

Heidi,

I received your block yesterday. I really really love the colors. The red, blue and tan are my favorite color scheme.

Teresa,

I finally decided on a block to make so now I\'ll get cracking and you\'ll have one soon from me. I was going to make the boxy stars and decided against it and I\'m glad I did because I see someone else did that one. Decision making is always the hardest thing for me but I\'ll get to them now, I PROMISE!!!

Coleen

Hello Ladies,

I received another two blocks toay. Yeah!!!!

Thank you very much to Beth Durand and Michelle Strickland. That makes seven in total!! :P

I now have finished all my blocks. When my baby (she is 19) takes a photo, Í will post the photo here and then get the blocks in the mail next week.

Teresa, if you need more blocks made, please feel free to contact me with names. I hate to say this, but my stash is extensive, and this exchange didn\'t even make a noticable dent in it. I am happy to make more. :cool:;)

Regards

I certainly wasn\'t trying to rush anybody. We have plenty of time.. I just think it is common courtesy to say thank you, and I have gotten some emails about whether people are still in or not.

So far, nobody has said they dropped out. I hope everybody continues to have fun. I really love the little personal notes in the envelopes. It is helping us to learn more about one another. I wish I had put one in my envelopes.

Thank you for two more very nice blocks from Kristy Combs and Wilma DePriest that arrived in Scotland today!

My whole set is finished at last - they just have to be signed, checked and mailed. If you have to wait ages, here\'s a quick look at the set... They are all Broken Dishes" (\'cos I like it). Some are two colours, some are tartan, some Liberty prints (both British, you see), some are tartan and Liberty and some are bits of everything!:D

Archived