friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonnie:

For the blocks that don\'t match up in size, what if you added extra sashing, like "window pane"(?) or set them on point in a "sq in sq" look. Would that help bring them all up to size? I just know there is a creative way to make them work.

Theresa: I thought you had more than 7 blocks? I still have to count mine....

Bonnie and Teresa,

You are both on my mailing list, and I sent all my blocks out today!!! And I thought I would be among the last to finish.

Be watching:

Teresa Taylor

Beth Durand

Sandra Darlington

Barbara Goodson

Heidi Merrill

Bonnie Botts

Rita Kilpatrick

Pam Nagle

Michelle Strickland

Susanne Hughes

Jen McManus

Coleen O\'Kane

Roxie Lutke

Bev Hogan

My favorite, I think, is Jen McManus\' black and white. I want to see your quilt when it is finished.

Oh, Bobbie...that is exactly what I plan to do...Checker board, Flying Geese and what ever else comes to mind, but I have blocks that range from 5 inches to 15 inches.....yikes...its going to take some major planning to get them all in a nice arrangement. But like Teresa, its sounds like a Summer project.:P

And Rita you are most welcome.

And Thank you Karol...can\'t wait for it to arrive.

I have only 2 left to sew together and get into the mail...had to stop today to work on a sudden surprise baby shower gift...have the center and the first 2 borders of a 48x48 done...need to make the piping and get the last border on tomorrow and then quilting time for it. But will get the last two off before I quilt it.

I KNOW! I can\'t wait either! It will be so fun to see everyone\'s quilts when they are done... and what a treasure, all these friends who are here just waiting to help and give wonderful praise - this is such a great forum. Especially for those of us who work alone all day!

Okay,

Not trying to be nasty here, but there are some people (3 actually) who have not followed through on this commitment.

By now everybody should have at least received some blocks and posted thank yous. In going through this list I noticed that several people had not even been active lately. I\'ve been talking to a few others and they stated that they have not yet received blocks from these gals. Also, others have complained that these three have not posted thank yous.

I won\'t embarrass anybody by posting names, I think you know who you are.

If you have received any blocks in the mail, thank the person who made the block (even if you don\'t like it).

IF YOU SIGNED UP TO MAKE BLOCKS AND HAVEN\'T STARTED YET, YOU NEED TO GET A MOVE ON. YOU ONLY HAVE ABOUT 50 DAYS FOR YOUR BLOCKS TO ARRIVE TO THE PEOPLE ON YOUR LIST.

Off soapbox now.

THanks to all of you who are participating so nicely. This is wonderful fun, and I think it\'s really neat that we all think so differently but everything goes together so well.

Hey you changed your mood phrase - I like weeble-wobbles!! I am working on mine, don\'t give up hope on me yet either!!!;) I know what you mean about "those people though". I may not get on the computer EVERYday, but I do at least say "Thank-you" with in a day or two of receiving a block, just need to do it, find the time - or don\'t sign-up for these exchanges please!

Donna, Thank you for the beautiful block. I was so excited to receive it, I haven\'t received one in weeks. When you posted the picture of your blocks I was hoping that I would receive one of the blue ones and I did! I absolutely love it! I now have 7 blocks, all very different. This is going to be one wild quilt. Dianne (DB)

Judi, you are so welcome...glad it will work out for you.

Colleen your block went out in todays mail if I caught the truck in time....out here in the sticks you have to be either really early or stand there and wait for the truck, which I didn\'t do today. Reminds me of my child hood when the truck came twice a day, and when it didn\'t people got confused as to what day it was.;)

The last two will be sewn together over the weekend and mailed on Monday...AND THEN I\'m done with this batch. I\'m so proud of myself...I finished before the deadline.:)

Donna S. - Thanks for the very pretty block!! You did a great job of piecing - love the colors too!! I think it was in the top row - 3rd one over of your photo. Again - Thank-you, it just came today!! My husband brings in the mail and says "You have a Friend" That\'s SO nice to hear too!!!

Archived