friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jen,

The one I use is called "Pigma Micron" you can get them in either fabric, craft, hobby or art supply stores....you will need to heat set it, and you may have to go over your lines twice, but it WILL not bleed and if heat set you shouldn\'t have any fading when washed.

This is the pen we use to use before embroidery machines to make our labels....I have some that are over 18 years old and have been washed many many times...and still going strong, and you can still read them.

Jen - I am with Bonnie - same pen I use. I agree with the others - if certain people do not even answer emails - I do not think we should mail them the box of goodies. I think it would be gone for good - and no word either!! Just my thoughts on it.

Okay, I really need to hear from these people:

Laura Pond

Jo Rogers

Mardi Gras Beads

If you have these folks on your list, let me know if you have either received a block from them, or had a thank you for a block you sent to them.

I know we have until My 31, but they should have received blocks by now, even if they haven\'t made any yet. So, there should have been thank you cards.

Good afternoon Ladies,

I was a very lucky girl these last two weeks and I received three blocks.

My thanks go out to:

Sandra Darlington - thank you not only for the lovely block, but the pattern as well.

Bonnie Botts - Thank you for the my lovely windmill block. I do not know Belinda Betts, she lives in a different State approximately 1500 kilometers away. However, if I should find myself in that part of the world, I will look her up.

Karo Kusamaul - thank you for my card trick block. The design is one of my favourite blocks, doubly so in blue!

All in all I have 11 blocks. I hope I haven\'t missed anyone in my thanks. I have blocks from the three ladies above and:

Judie Burr

Elizabeth

Michelle Strickland

Bev Hogan

Heidi Merrill

Teresa Taylor

Rita Kilpatrick, and

Barbara Goodson

My husband was a little sceptical when I started out on this venture, but he is quite impressed with the response by everyone. Mine will be in the mail no later than next Thursday.

Regards,

Teresa, I have all 3 people on my list to receive blocks from me. I did receive a very nice thank you from Laura P. I think on page 16 of this thread. Her handle is Jazzsmom. Nothing from the other two. I was really skeptical when I mailed one of them out, because like you I had notice that there were no recent postings and the name\'s a little odd, more like a business. As of yet I have received 7 blocks, there\'s still 6ish weeks left so I\'m trying to be hopeful. DB (Dianne)

Susanne....you are most welcome. So Glad to know it got to you okay.

Teresa, I have both Laura and Mardi Gras on my list to receive blocks from...and I haven\'t gotten either of them, yes I realize that they have till May 31, but like we talked about we should have heard them thanking others.

Pam Nagle, I sent you a U2U.

And I still need to hear from Melora Neminski...I sent her block out in January and still haven\'t heard if she received it or not. If I need to resend I can, just need to know either way.

FYI:

I\'m waiting for blocks from Pam, Susanne, Jen Mc., Coleen, and Nancy.... they already know that, but I sent JoEllen\'s in January, and haven\'t heard... and one of the Kristi\'s (sorry, CRS again) One Kristi contacted me already.... so I\'m good there... I just want to be sure that the ones I sent aren\'t lost in "Postal Hell" somewhere.

Hi Everyone,

First I wanted to say I sent out my blocks months ago if you have not rec\'d it please let me know. (I also apologize piecing is not my strong point LA is) I understand about mail problems, they train the mail carriers on my route and they mess it up all the time. I just rec\'d something I ordered a month ago and had already rec\'d a refund for.

I too am short a few block so I have decided to just list and thanks those I have rec\'d

On my blocks I did not know to heat set the pigma ( I have never done that) So If you feel up to running an iron over it go for it.

Thanks to:

Michelle S

Roxie L

Bobbi B

Barbara G

Heidi M

Bonnie B

Sandra D

And one block not signed that is random regtangles (if the person regongnizes my description I will put their name on it

So far eight plus mine 9

Looking forward to christmas I just wish fabric depot had more x-mas fabric (there clearing out for the new lines) However not to dispair I found tons of stuff I didn\'t even know I needed.

Thanks again

Melora

again if you didn\'t rec my blocks let me know

Bonnie,

Im sorry I thought I responded. Next time I will send official thank you cards like those who did this time. It was very thoughtful. I am just not as organized as I wish and lose track. I think I have done something only to find out I didn\'t. But there is always hope.

Thank you

Melora

If you want to read my thank yous, please see pages 14 and 16. If any of you are offended that I did not send my blocks early, I am sorry. When a deadline is given, I expect that I have until the deadline to mail out the blocks. This group seems to be exclusive of new comers. Maybe those of you who are friends should only have block exchanges amongst yourselves, especially since you do not trust new comers such as myself. Regarding the suggestion that I did not respond to an email, please note that I never received an email from anyone. While it has been said that 2 of "those people" have not been on the forum for weeks, I am not one of those 2. I read the postings maybe twice a week but do not always post a comment; the reasons being that I know nothing about the topic or the comments are between 2 individuals only. If my level of activity is too small, please let me know and I will withdraw from the forum. Regarding the exchange, if you wish to remove me, be my guest.

A special thank you to everyone who sent me a block: Kristie Watson, Kristy Combs, Roxie Lutke, Beverly Vance, Melora Neminsk, Merry Jo Rembold, Donna Smith, and Bobbi Brady. I will be putting my (14) in the mail on the 14 or 15 of April. A special thank you to all who have sent my beautiful blocks----I just love them. Jo-Ellen Rogers

I received a snail mail thank you from Donna today -thank you for the thank you...I\'m always impressed with how nice people write...I\'m always afraid that someone will analyze my writing and find out I\'m a serial killer! lol Rita

Laura,

I don\'t think that reaction is necessary. I had noticed that you had not posted thank yous. The only ones I can find are on p. 14 where you thanked Merry Jo, Wilma, Kristy, marylyn, Beverly, and Judi B. I hope you have received more blocks than that.

I also hope that you have started on your blocks. You DO have until May 31st for them to be received by the folks you are sending to. I would allow at least a week or two for mailing time, especially if some need to go overseas.

I am sorry you took offense to my comments, but I am just trying to keep this swap organized and moving ahead. You may not be aware that we had over 50 people signed up last year, and only about 15 or so followed through and made all the blocks. Therefore, we are trying to really keep in check about who is participating and who is not.

Your comment about not trusting newcomers is entirely out of line. Everybody on this forum was a newcomer at one time or another. I have never even met any of the ladies I talk to on this forum, so we haven\'t been good friends for a long time.

The block swaps and the white elephant box were set up to encourage these new friendships and help them develop. Of the people participating in the Christmas block exchange, over half are brand new to the forum chats.

If you wish to not participate, that is your decision, but don\'t ask us to remove you. You will either follow through with this or you won\'t, I don\'t have any control over you or your time schedule.

Thank you, Thank you...Melora, for letting me know that you had gotten the block. My mail service is so c---y here that I just don\'t trust them at all. I am so glad that you got it. Whew, one more thing to check of my list of "What now can go wrong list..."

Laura,

another thing: You weren\'t the one I was referring to that we hadn\'t heard from and who hadn\'t been active in several weeks. There is one who we have never heard from again, and we hadn\'t heard from Jo, but now we have.

To those of you getting blocks from Jo, they will be on their way, so watch your mail.

If you are supposed to get one from Mardi Gras Beads, well I hope that person will let us know what their status is.

Archived