friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

I am so glad ?? to hear that someone else has had problems with the sizing of blocks. I thought I should buy the EQ6 since my EQ5 had these issues....always thought it was me and I was doing something wrong. I have learned so much from these chats. Thanks, Ladies. Roxie

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by RoxieRae

I am so glad ?? to hear that someone else has had problems with the sizing of blocks. I thought I should buy the EQ6 since my EQ5 had these issues....always thought it was me and I was doing something wrong. I have learned so much from these chats. Thanks, Ladies. Roxie

Roxie that is one of the big reasons I wanted EQ6 as they told me that they had fixed that problem with EQ5.....well guess someone needs to go back to the drawing board and get things right, and send out a patch for us users...., because so far everyone I have used it with or for....IS WRONG.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I sure won\'t bother with a EQ7 should it come out....why waste the money.

So no its not you or the foot you have on your machine, I have three quilting piecing machines, and each one sews with a perfect 1/4 foot and with each machine I still have to fiddle with this mess. bummer:(:mad::(

I\'m surprised to hear you are all having problems with blocks designed in EQ5. I have never had a problem. I must have gotten lucky. The only thing I can think for you to check is to make sure that when you select print that you round to the nearest 1/16th not 1/8th. I almost always print for rotary cutting and it seems to have worked for me. Sorry to hear you\'re having problems.

Originally posted by hmerrill

I\'m surprised to hear you are all having problems with blocks designed in EQ5. I have never had a problem. I must have gotten lucky. The only thing I can think for you to check is to make sure that when you select print that you round to the nearest 1/16th not 1/8th. I almost always print for rotary cutting and it seems to have worked for me. Sorry to hear you\'re having problems.

Yep have done all that have used both 1/16th and 1/8th, and its set for .25 seam allowances...I thought at first I was sewing with a off seam , but...nope, perfect 1/4 when I check it...

can\'t say I\'m perfect each time, but when I\'m really careful, it is.

Alway use the rotary cutting instuctions that way I\'m not depending on the printer printing it correctly...have great rulers, and I even know how to use them :D, sharp blades and very careful not to get that off center when cutting so I know I\'m well within the correct measurements there.....

And I have thought about throwing the program into the creek, but it does come in handy for designing, I just know I need to double check before I start to cut into a pile of fabric I can\'t replace. :cool:

Bonnie,

I\'m really sorry to hear that. I usually always double check any pattern I do in EQ but so far I haven\'t had any problems. My normal preference is 6, 9 or 12" block so maybe thats why I haven\'t experienced the problem. I love using EQ to design and now I can download the picture and use it to design the quilting. I just got work to buy me a new tablet! I love it! I pull the picture into Paint and have fun.

Thanks for the well wishes - I actually feel like I will live today!! I am reading about all of these EQ responses..... I am still back in the stone-ages with my graph paper, ruler and colored pencils. I do really enjoy doing it this way though, I even have my 7 yr old sit with me now and then to "Draw quilts" she is so cute! I am keeping all of her ideas too in a folder!!

Keep the info. coming.... like to hear about what works for some and not for others and try to figure-out why. Eventually I think I will get one of these type of programs..... never fails that I forget to add in a seam allowance or two!!!!;)

Thank you to both Karol and Jo Ellen....I knew that Karol\'s was waiting for me in the P O box, but it was such a surprise to see Jo Ellen\'s, I forgot I was to get one from her as well.... Thank you both again...they are both great and will look just perfect in the quilt.

I have a total of 12 so far....yeah only two more and I can set these puppies. I was playing on EQ6 today and have just the setting just now need to get a huge amount of white tone on tone to set it all.

Jo-Ellen Rogers I received your beautiful friendship block in the mail today..Hope your shoulder is getting better,,, Your block will be beautiful with the rest I have received,,, I have received 9 so far,,,and they are all beautiful...

Wilma DePriest

I am so...so glad that some of you have received your blocks already. They were mailed Saturday, April 12. Under the circumstances I felt I had better get them in the mail ASAP. Lee: Thanks for your concern about my shoulder........I had impingement syndrome in my right shoulder (I am right handed.) Movement is improving and the pain is greatly reduced. I still have received only 8 blocks. Perhaps now that mine are delivered, I will receive the rest. It was assumed that I reneged on my obligation-----I was simply neglect in posting my thank yous. For that I am sorry! Sometimes it is wiser to give someone the benefit of the doubt. I do however understand that once burnt is twice leary. Teresa: We all appreciate the time and effort you put into the swap. Happy Stitching. Jo-Ellen Rogers

Your welcome Cathy...glad it will work for you.

You must have mail service like I do here....that was mailed 11 days ago...some days I really hate the postal service...thank you for letting me know you got it I was getting worried it had been lost in the mail

Archived