friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

It just occurred to me that I forgot to sign my blocks before packing and sending them! I apologize. Guess I was so excited to have them finished and wanted to get them out in the mail, that I never even thought about it. You are all welcome to sign them for me.

ps Donna, I received your block - thank you. It\'s very pretty. (And signed)

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karol,

What\'s your last name and what city and state do you live in? So I can put them on my block when it comes. Thank you for making it for me. I\'ll let you know when it arrives.

Bobbi- You\'re on my list. I\'m sorry I\'m holding you up but I\'m slow. I\'m working on the blocks and hopefully they\'ll have been worth the wait.

Coleen

Whew....Me done!...the last two went out in the mail today. Roxie and Cathy Evans yours are now officially in the mail.

There are several that I have mailed to that have not seen acknowledgements that they got them, or at least I didn\'t see where you did and now am concerned that they may be lost in the mail. Melora\'s was sent in January, and Donna Smith and Pam Nagle\'s were sent on March 31st. If you didn\'t get them please let me know and I will hurry up and make another one so you aren\'t short.

NOT A problem Donna....I just wanted to make sure I hadn\'t left someone high and dry with a missing block....The mail service in my area is something else and I totally didn\'t want to think someone hadn\'t gotten a block and was wondering where it was at.;)

Well, I hate to say it, but it looks like we are being messed over on our block swap again. There are three people who have not sent out or thanked people for blocks. Two of them haven\'t even been active on the list in several weeks.

They seem to have dropped the ball. If we get to the end of May and you haven\'t gotten all your blocks, please let me know. I have a couple of great friends here who have volunteered to help me take up the slack for the do nots.

The thing I\'m worried about is that we have a bunch of new people also signing up for the Christmas swap.

And, a couple of the very people who didn\'t keep up with the friendship swap are on the white elephant box list. I\'m very worried that our boxes will vanish when they get to a certain city. Maybe we just need to skip that person. Would that be harsh?

So, I think I\'ve thanked everyone as I received blocks. But, I checked the original post, and don\'t we have until May 31st to get these out? I have 10 done and was going to send them all out together, but I think I\'ll get those out right away. I\'m just not as fast as some of you super quilters! :)

Jen

Jen, I\'m sure Teresa isn\'t concerned about you....these are people who haven\'t acknowledge ANY received blocks, and NO ONE has received any from these three......

Those of us on these people\'s lists haven\'t either seen or received anything as of yet...and you have always been kind to say Thanks when you get a new one.... I am missing three and ONE is from a person of concern.

Karol....I know your block is at the post office, and you are not one of the top mentioned either. I haven\'t gotten there yet to get it....only go down once a week, now with the price of gas so high here, and will do that either tomorrow to Friday.

Nope - Teresa - I do not think that is harsh at all! If they can\'t even email or call somebody..... o.k. computer might crash.... but usually phones still work! I have your number printed-out and with my lists. God forbid something really terrible happens, like an accident or death..... but really now, if that were the case I don\'t think anyone would want to mess with the box of stuff either!

p.s. just let me know - I think I am getting a box next...teh-he - he-ha!! I can\'t wait!!!

It is a little scary to think people might have signed up and not follow through. Mine are in the works and I am like Jen and wanted to mail them all out at once or this pea-brain might get confused! :D I always follow through with my commitments and have really enjoyed this group a lot and I know I am a newby and not the veteran quilter many of you are....but it sure is fun to be part of the group and learn and exchange ideas!

I developed my own spreadsheet where I am tracking everything (names, addresses, sent, received, favorite color request and I even added a column to check for "thank you\'s done" . I\'ve even gotten some little tidbits hearing people says "oh that is my favorite color", I love cats, etc. so I make notes.

Off to cook dinner and I usually try to get an hour in for quilting before I start to drop dead. Anyone watchig IDOL? I listen but not totally into it this year.

Have a great evening ladies and we\'ll think positive thoughts of our "no hears"! right!

Teresa, I totally agree with you regarding your concerns of people not following through. That is exactly why I posted my note several days ago on the Christmas block swap thread asking people to reconsider signing up if they didn\'t think that they could fulfill their commitment. My note might have sounded harsh to some people but it gets old when you keep seeing the same poor behavior surface. You would think where everyone knows who they are sending blocks to and who they are supposed to receive blocks from would keep people more honest, but I guess it doesn\'t. If these people are on the white elephant list I would send them an email, if there is no response I would be inclined to remove their names from the list otherwise you, Shana and everyone in between might not ever see those boxes. DB

Teresa,

I don\'t think that is harsh, either. I have only received about half of my Friendship blocks, but hopefully, I will get the rest by the deadline, or at least a note from someone saying due to ??? they have been delayed, but will send soon. I would be OK with that. Stuff happens.

That is another reason I asked the person I mailed the East Coast box to to let me know when they received it, so at least I would know I didn\'t screw it up and (so would you all) that I passed it along, too.

It is really a shame that we have some folks on our friendly, "safe" group here that aren\'t the same quality that the other 98% of us are.

But, on the up side...my Liberty is supposed to be delivered tomorrow afternoon!!! Yippee!!!

Archived