friendship blocks done-pics here

dawnlam

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonnie, thanks for the beautiful block! I now have 10, can\'t wait til I have them all and can put them together. I was a newcomer on the birthday block and it was quite a disappointment. I made 41 blocks that I sent to 39 people and received only 12 back. I would have made more had I received any more. So, I am happy with this one, and all of us watching out for one another and the committment we made at the start. I have never met anyone in this exchange, probably never will, but I enjoy what we share here. I check the site nearly every day looking forward to the photos of quilts and the bits of news.

Speaking of news....more rain and snow here. We love the moisture! Wishing you all a good day. Roxie:D

So far, I have received 7 blocks. If someone forgot to sign them, I just wrote their name, city, state, and date on the blocks so I would know who and where they were from. No big deal, we all get in a hurry! I used a pigma pen. I hustled up and got all my block sent by March! I had fun making them and enjoy the ones I have received.

Okay,

I have apparently pi**ed some people off, and I\'m real sorry about that; but don\'t expect me to spend time organizing something and then have it fall apart because of a few who didn\'t follow through, then you get ticked at me for addressing the situation.

Would you all have rathered that I didn\'t mention that some people had not posted thanks yet? Do you like sending out blocks and not getting a thank you?

Would you have rathered that I didn\'t ask why these people hadn\'t participated yet?

IF SO, THEN THAT\'S WHAT I\'LL DO FOR THE CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE.... YOU HAVE YOUR LISTS AND IF YOU GET A BLOCK FINE, AND IF NOT FINE TOO.

IF YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO SEND TO ME... FORGET IT. I\'LL STILL SEND MINE OUT SO IT DOESN\'T MESS ANYBODY OUT OF THEIR 12 BLOCKS...I\'M RESPONSIBLE THAT WAY.

Teresa:

I think it\'s great that you\'ve kept "prodding" our "friendship" block members. I agree that if you have received a block - you need to let that person know.... Actually I had a couple of people thank me twice! So, thanks for that!

I do think it\'s sad that someone would agree to participate and then not do it. I am still giving the benefit of the doubt - what if something bad has happened to them. We don\'t know that. I hope not. And for me it\'s ok if they end up not sending me a block. I just hope they choose to not try to participate again.

Teresa: you have done such a wonderful job of organizing and keeping up with this even though you hold down a full time job, have a family, have a job quilting for customers, and enjoy the "chat", it\'s just not fair to you to have someone not keep up with this after they said they would.

I don\'t know what else to say. There\'s still some time, about 6 weeks. Let\'s see what happens! We all joined this group in the spirit of friendship, lets make sure we keep that goal in mind. I am completely thankful for all of you, and grateful for the wonderful blocks I HAVE received.

NOOOO TERESA, You will never make everyone happy no matter how hard you try. You started it and organized it and set the rules (all of which was well done!). YOU SHOULD RECEIVE BLOCKS and I bet everyone will agree on that. It is really hard to understand the tone of written messages. I am new too. I have always been bad about getting thank yous out (for everything). It is just a flaw I have but I try to follow thru. I am usually finishing things at the last minute (procrastinator my whole life and I\'ve done a lot of living LOL). The deadline isn\'t here yet...another 1 1/2 months. It sounds like so many of you got burned on the last exchange. I admit I was so surprised at the everyones expectations to get the blocks out when there is still plenty of time. My favorite saying is "expectations are disappointments waiting to happen". Everyone take a big breath and remember it is about friendship. It is working out just fine. I am very happy to be part of this. I hope to do it again with all you. THANKS FOR DOING ALL THIS FOR US!!! Michelle

Teresa, Even tho I have not participated in these block exchanges (I have had these very same problems with the guild I belong to--those who receive but do NOT do their part) I do not think you are being out of line. I surely think you laid the rules out very clearly from the very beginning, even to the point you said if you are not going to do your part do not participate. Don\'t give up yet. You have put to much work into this to quite now. Just give it some time, the next 6 weeks--then see what happens. I have a very wise friend who always tells me "things happen the way they are suppose to". Now take a deep breath and be pleased with yourself for all the hard work you have done.;) Have a good day, Judy

Girls - You know the ole saying "can we all just get along"! ha! Lets just let by-gones be by-gones and enjoy this friendship swap to the end. Theresa, I\'m happy for the reminders to get my butt in gear and I always do my best under pressures for a deadline.....you have done a great job of organizing this whole thing and I know I appreciate your kindness you have shown me - a NEWBY too! Got my first square from you and even got my choice to pick from! That was nice! Stay happy all!

Roxie, you are so welcome...I too loved that color...It was one of those pieces you pick up and then hate to cut into it until you either find the right block, or in your case wanted those colors.

Teresa....don\'t even look back. The nagging as you called it was a welcome....there were to many that dropped the ball last year and with this promise from you to make sure it wouldn\'t happen again, it was an expected thing and it should have been a "heads up" thing. It keeps everyone honest and on track of what needs to be done.

We all have busy schedules...we all have life to live, and there is always something to come up emergency or important, that takes us off schedule, and me for one need to leave bread crumbs around to remind myself of what I was doing before I got de-railed. You were the bread crumb this time, and I thank you.

I will let you know if and when I get the last two blocks....time will only tell.;)

Coleen,

I tried to send you a U2 but it didn\'t work. I\'ll be on a tour next week with a bus load of British quilters I\'ve never met before, then at Paducah from 21st. I hope to see some folk there and generally hang out at the APQS stall. I do have a cell phone but you shouldn\'t be able to miss my boots - they are patent frog green!

LINZI x:P

Hang in there everybody!! I have been sick in bed for the past couple of days - but did go to the post office this a.m. to pick up a box for the white ele. thingy - anyhow - I had every good intention of sending out my blocks lONG before now, but I willl still do - just when I can sit up for more time with out spinnin!

Judi...get better, spinning isn\'t a good thing at our age.....ya might fall down and then where would ya be.;) Get Better!!! Its not fun being sick...I just got over the creeping crude myself and am just now getting my voice back.

OK so it\'s probably a good thing that we still have 6 weeks because I\'m going to need every day of those 6 weeks. I just want to SCREAM! I\'ve been working on 7 of my blocks (the ones who wanted scrappy) for the last 2 weeks (on my days off), I get the first one almost finished and guess what - it\'s not going to be big enough. It looks like I trimmed the centers of all of them too small. I want to know when I\'m going to learn to make one block first to make sure it goes together correctly before I work on all of them at the same time. As usual, the seam ripper and I are going to be good friends.

I\'m done venting now, thanks for listening.

Coleen

Oh, Coleen, I just hate when I do that.....

I love and hate EQ for just that reason. I love that you can adjust a pattern to what ever you want, but I have learned that I need to make a dummy block to make sure I have it the right size. I have learned with EQ6 that not always when you ask for a finished size "XYZ x XYZ" do you get that correct size. GRRRRRRRR

I so hate my seam ripper....so I too feel for you.

Bonnie, I\'m so glad that you have the same issue with EQ6. I thought it was just me. I made a block for someone on this swap, can\'t rememer who, from EQ6 and had to adjust and fudge it to make it the correct size. I thought everthing was going to be a breeze when I bought that program, not so. Did you get the thunder and lightening storm last night? At one point the lightening hit so close to my house that I actually felt it move. Dianne

Originally posted by DB

I\'m so glad that you have the same issue with EQ6.

Did you get the thunder and lightening storm last night?

That is why I spent the money for the upgrade, it was to guarantee that if you asked for a 15.5 by 15.5 you wouldn\'t have to do that dummy blocks. So far each block I have done I have had to do something to it...a very scant 1/4 inch seam, or a wider 1/4 inch seam....or even adjust the size by 1/2 inch. Its flustering to spend that much and still have to fiddle with it like we did with EQ5. :mad:

No, D the storm went around us....Actually it split and part headed North towards Heidi...and then the rest went south towards the City....I could seen HUGE thunder heads at 5:00am when I got up and the light show was fab, but we didn\'t get any boomers just a bit of heavy rain. Sure washed all the dust off things and it sure smells wonderful today.

Archived