I made the cover and centerfold...

I was published in the Fons and Porter\'s Love of Quilting - Easy Quilts magazine. I summitted a quilt for a baby blanket contest last fall, I didn\'t win but they decided they liked it enough to put it in their magazine. It\'s the yellow one on the cover, half of it anyways, and page 70. I have never entered anything into a contest before.

Sorry, I couldn\'t keep it in anymore and I had to tell.

Angela

Originally posted by jajab

I was published in the Fons and Porter\'s Love of Quilting - Easy Quilts magazine. I summitted a quilt for a baby blanket contest last fall, I didn\'t win but they decided they liked it enough to put it in their magazine. It\'s the yellow one on the cover, half of it anyways, and page 70. I have never entered anything into a contest before.

Sorry, I couldn\'t keep it in anymore and I had to tell.

Angela

Well Angela, let me say first off GREAT job, and secondly Thank you. I picked up the mag on Sunday...and on Wednesday my GD Siana, said that she needed a baby gift for one of her Sunday School Teachers...they were giving her a surprise Grandbaby shower and would I be able to make a quilt by this coming Sunday. YIKES, but I had the answer I fell in love with your quilt and here is a picture of mine...its pieced, but I haven\'t quilted it yet. Will show that when done.

Again thank you....you saved my life...I needed an inspiration and you saved the day. YEAH...;)

post--13461899471706_thumb.jpg

Bonnie,

Love your color choices. So glad to see that you liked it enough to make it. Went together fast didn\'t it. I know I made it in a day or two and got it sent in at the last minute.

The funny thing is that I wasn\'t too sure about it. My husband wasn\'t crazy about it either and I almost didn\'t send it in. I had made one simular to it for my nephew but didn\'t want it to be gender specific so I used different fabric and wasn\'t as in love with it as the original so I changed the center a little bit. I will attach a pic of the original quilt.

Thank you every one for your kind words. It has been an exciting week. A real boost to my confindence.

Angela

Originally posted by jajab

Went together fast didn\'t it.

Actually it went very fast....Started on Wednesday morning cutting and sewing, and by supper time had the center, first border and 3 sides of the checker board on...rest went together next day.

I just about boxed her ears when she only gave me a few days to get something together, but this went so fast and its a very cute quilt...again thank you.

Thanks Sonja,

I hope it inspires many people. I was having black and white checker board and pinwheel obsession last summer. I love making baby blankets out of bright colors. I heard that the bright colors are good for babies.

Angela

Archived