The hardest $150 I ever made

This quilt was nothing but trouble. The edges were waving, the backing kept stretching, and the batting was junk. But, it\'s done:P

I wish I had told her 5 cents or 10 cents an inch,...but she wouldn\'t have paid that.

The quilt is 94X108. The white part has white so fine with white bottom line bobbin. THe blue parts have clear monopoly with white bottom line bobbin. I think I have about a thousand starts and stops.. and they all look awful. Thank goodness she decided to enter a different one into the show when I told her about the ruffly borders and stretchy backing.

Of course she loves it. SHe will have another one for me to do in a week or so. :)

post--13461899474493_thumb.jpg

Julie,

It\'s been on the frame for 3 weeks, except when I had to take it off and rip part of it back out. And I worked on it every day. I just finished it last night. I was supposed to have it done by the 1st, but she decided to enter another one and told me to take my time. Good thing, since this one was such a headache.

WOW! Look at all that quilting!!!!! :)

Teresa, I think you probably stitched $150 in thread alone! (lol--- just teasing)

Really, it is soooo beautiful. Just awesome. Be really proud of what you did here and regardless of all the time and stress you learned some invaluable skills and lessons.

Teacher gets an A+ and a gold star (and extra credit points) on this project.

Oh, I\'m handing you and a shiny red apple for teacher. It\'s extra crunchy and super juicy. Yum! :)

Teresa--

Wow! Look at that gorgeous McTavishing. And the feathers with the flowers tucked in between. And the arcs in the middle--it almost makes the top look like a braided rug--very pretty. And the freehand spirals in the double border. And all that SID and crosshatching in the outer borders. Thanks for the photo of the back--it is the best part! My goodness you executed each area beautifully with such appropriate designs! I am drooling over the job you did on this PITA top. Sure you don\'t want to move next door to me? What fun we would have!

Thanks for all your fine compliments. Coming from you guys it means alot, especially when you continue to awe me with your extraordinary work.

I like the way this came out. It was hard to decide what to do where, but once I got started it just designed itself. I especially like the feathers with the little flowers and ribbons mixed in. I saw something similar posted here a month or so ago so i drew it on paper, then marked the spine and where I wanted the flowers. The arcs in the giant circle were done with an arc tool, the diagonal lines were done with a ruler. Everything else is freehand.

Teresa,

This is one of those "pick my jaw up off the floor" quilts! I would agree with you in respect to ALL THAT QUILTING for $150, but My Oh My! I\'ll bet she\'ll be spreading the word she\'s found one He** of a quilter!

You did a stand up applause for that wavy quilt! It\'s just beautiful!

Wipe the sweat off your brows and take a bow!

Archived