Quilt display stand?

Linda is right, I searched for "backdrop stand". I ordered two, one for me and one for Jeanne (Shadows4) and I think it was free shipping (can't beat that). I don't remember the company name, it was out of California. It is a very sturdy stand, I'm glad I did it. I was having a hard time finding a place to hang quilts in my space. This allows me to hang the next top so that I can look at it and get ideas for what to do next, as well has photograph the completed qults. And if I ever need to take it with me, it comes with a canvas case.

I have the Amvona rack. It is really for holding up background fabric for photographers but it works great for quilts.

Then I bought some 2" o-rings, like for binders, from Office Depot. 2-inch rings slide easily on the Amvona cross piece. I added a cheapy set of drape rings with clips (Walmart) on the o-rings. I clip the quilt to the drape clips and raise the poles so I can photograph a quilt. Mine is a double, too, so it is handy for quilt shows as well. I love to see my clients faces when they walk in and see their quilt hanging up. It comes iwht a nice bag so you can collapse it and store it in the closet. They have them on sale now for $80.

Here's a link.

http://www.amvona.com/?page=shop/category&category_id=64d732da9d2c09a19bb49e2f76e0003f

YAY now I know where I can get that stand too! I hate trying to figure out the best way to hang the latest project. I've had my fingers in the photo more than once and if it's outside you pray the breezes won't decide to kick up. Using it for a design wall makes it really worth the price!

Thanks for the tips girl friends

I got my Savage photo stand thru' iconusa.com. I use black curtain rings with clips to hold the quilts. Actually thi is my 2nd stand. I lent the original, less expensive one, to our guild's quilt show and it got permanently damaged to make it unusable for any quilt over 45" high!

This new one collapses down & can be stored in its own bag. It's also not being lent to anyone...

Archived