Les Fleurs/Rose Garden...

Georgene:

In the outer blocks I used a small stipple/meander in the blocks surrounding the center, I did a tiny curlique. It's hard to see with my darn camera.

Jeanne:

What I've learned from watching on this forum is to mark your feathers and spine. So, try that - take your time, and breathe.... when I go too fast, like around the curves my stitches are longer. (I don't have a stitch regulator) Also, don't GRIP the handles too tightly. When I do that I have weeble-wobbles. Try to relax - if you look closely at some of the quilting in the magazines, you'll find it's not perfect either!

Oh my, you have me all puffed up again and I have to go to quilt club in a few minutes!

Linda G, Shannon, Meg, Evelyn, Linzi, Marlene - Thanks again so much for liking my quilt!

Julie, I just breathe and go slow. And I try really hard NOT to GRIP the handles too hard that's what makes squares when you want rounds... It's all a conscious effort - staying in the moment and being "one" with the machine! LOL

Drake - I love that flower too, I have it cut out in the "delft" blues on white... won't that be pretty?

Linda C, that's actually a curlique, I just kinda made it up and I LOVE it... It's much easier than the stipple I think because it's ok to cross over lines - but it's still intense...

Bobbi,

Love your quilt!! I remember that pattern in McCall's. How the devil did you get that done since the mag came out??

Maybe I need to quite offering to make quilts for others and get mine done. Actually, I'm finishing the last quilt now. It's for my church's 50th anniversary. Glad to do it but it took longer than I thought. What else is new?

Gotta finish it tomorrow so I can make my DGDs' curtains for their room.

Marlette, it's OCD... I was waiting for more fabric for my SAS (from hell) and thought I'd do something else.... I'm not as quick a I used to be....

Jean and Caroljean: Thanks again! It was really fun - well, mostly - except for the broken needles! Too much bulk!

Archived