2nd Antique Satin, Taffeta & Silk Quilt finially finished

I am so glad that this is finially finished and will be shipping it tomorrow. This one seemed to take forever because I was having a hard time getting a good chunk of time without interuptions. Always seemed that someone was coming over, or we had to go somewhere. This is the one that I put nylon Toulle (sp) over the complete top as so many of the strips were really fragile. Some places the fabric was totally gone and only the foundation was showing, some places were just in shreds. The toulle was a life saver. My customer wants to use this as a wall hanging so it will never end up on a bed again, but with the toulle on it, it is now somewhat scratchy, but from a foot or so away, you can't even see the taupe colored netting. I don't think that I want to work on another one quite this bad, but I do feel really good about getting this beautiful quilt to a place where people can see it, enjoy it and admire all of the hard work some dear piecer did on it. It is all foundation pieced by hand. And the top & bottom 1/2 triangles are embrodered on the seams. I had a real hard time determining what to do on this one, so I decided to do a background fill of curves & swirls. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures of it.

2568984460094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2805050490094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

http:

2225238680094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking.:cool:

What a neat way to handle the weak spots...I know you mentioned it when you started, but now seeing the after picture, I can see where it would make a lot of sense and as you stated you can't even see the toulle....

Now I have another option for a log cabin wall hanging that I have in my personal tops...I really liked the swirls...something I hadn't really thought about before.

Thanks Bekah - Actually, I decided not to ship the quilt as I've not received the $$ from the first one yet. I know that she's good for it (she was one of my DH's former customers), so I'll have it here for show and tell on Sat. Then you can see up close and personal the shape that this poor but distinguished quilt was in.

Archived