After 8 days -- I GOT POWER

I have power at home!!!!!! Yea:):):):):):):):):)

Thanks for all of those "power" thought from all of you!!!!

We were without for 8 days! About 30% of Baton Rouge is still down. Schools in Baton Rouge will not resume for another week and some will not resume till October 1.

I think we had 2 customers at the shop today. But our Scrappy Club met and had a blast. The club members must have been going stir crazy at home. We still do not have out network back up and our phone service is sporadic. But things are looking brighter.

Love you all!!!!

Sandra

Glad you are back up with power. Luckily you are in a warm climate - we have lost power several times here when it is very cold - that is a bummer. Take care and hope the next one misses!! They are just talking about Baton Rouge on the news as I type this - it really is bad. Know it isn't cold - but I do hope you can tolerate the humidity!! Take care!!

Glad to hear that you have power back. I remember going to my Grandmother's as a little girl and they had no power. We read by lamplight and went to bed shortly after dark. That was in Colorado, so bedtime was fairly early. So I can only imagine not having power in this day and age. Generators are a wonderful invention.

Congratulations! I just heard a piece last night on NPR that power wouldn't be hooked-up for another two weeks and I thought about you! Said it was the worse power outage caused by any storm? or something like that? The mayor of Baton Rouge was being interviewed. Said the storm really caught everyone off-guard because y'all were supposed to be the ones that others came to for shelters.

Archived