NQR- need prayers for granddaughter Bre

Our 7 year old granddaughter needs your prayers.  She went to school this morning.  At 8 a.m. the school staff found her in the restroom unresponsive after a bad seizure.  They took her by ambulance to Children's Hospital in Dallas. She had another bad seizure on the way, and a third one in the ER. They admitted her and have her sedated.   Please pray.

They released Bre from the hospital after several hours of observation.  I just talked to her on the phone for a minute.  She is high on drugs and really funny right now.  She knew I was Grandma and asked to talk to Pa, but she didn't know her daddy's name. She kept saying there is a dead squirrel.  Hopefully she will have a peaceful night. Brandon and Tiffany are taking her home. She will sleep in their room tonight, rather than her own bed.

He gives power to the faint,

abundant strength to the weak.

Though young men faint and grow weary,

and youths stagger and fall,

They that hope in the LORD will renew their strength,

they will soar on eagles’ wings;

They will run and not grow weary,

walk and not grow faint.

Isaiah 40:29-31

Cagey

Hi everybody. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for Bre.  She is back to her old self, minus having a "big hole" in her arm from the IV.  The EEG didn't show any changes in her brain function since the last one a few months ago.  They have upped her meds by 2 ML in the mornings.  Of course, she has no memory of any of it.  Scared all the grown ups half to death, though.

Teresa,

Sorry I'm just seeing this.  Sorry Bre had to go through all this.  I'm glad she is doing well.  Seizures are so scary for those of us that have to watch.  My daughter had them when she was younger but outgrew them.  At 16 they told her she still had "abnormal brain waves" lol and she has never forgotten that.  She started with the seizures at the onset of puberty.  She was on meds for over 2 years and has now been off of them for over 15 years.  I pray Bre has no more.  Don't be afraid to try a different neurologist either.  There are many different methodologies out there about treatment.  

Archived