Spring Appliqué Progress and Baby Update

This one is taking me so long that it's motivating to post a few pictures here and there during the wait!!  Mostly because I'm on two week baby appointments now, so between going to the Dr., taking care of kiddos, and trying to quilt I swear the days go by SO fast!!!  Promise the next share will be the full quilt...I'm about 2/3 down the blocks and hoping to be finished by the end of this coming week.  Millie Mouse is living up to her fantastic reputation - my work has improved leaps and bounds and that wonderful stitch regulation has really allowed me to worry less about hitting the "stop" button and focus more on creative quilting.  I am having SO much fun!

**Just a wee baby update for those who don't follow me/chat with me outside of the forums - I'm almost 9 months along and H-U-G-E!  We are having some family/maternity photos taken next week by a friend of mine and I'll share some photos...and this appliqué quilt is the last client quilt I'll be working on before baby arrives.  We have a scheduled c-section scheduled for the end of May - and I'm READY!  I think baby wants to escape as I've been having irregular contractions and she seems to be awake and active in my tummy ALL day long.  LOL  She is not allowed to come early though - I have warned her!  I took off May to get her room ready and everything is still in boxes.  I'm nesting big time though - I am ready to get rid of just about everything I own except for clothes and sewing stuff because I just want CLEAN and OPEN space!   :)   :)   :)  So glad it's spring and cool and sunny these last few weeks....I am ready!   :)

17030124547_d2513a9381.jpg11164831_975093649170555_7798182704081103193_n by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

16641814204_a86100a795.jpg11138614_976231479056772_8697546763859233403_n by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

16641814984_40b1b5a1c1.jpg11148440_975679989111921_4518646652859688722_n by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

17051376149_1f11a18ee2.jpg11165142_975030989176821_1267183909075097090_n by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

I sure hope baby is cooperative too.  She is baby number four so I do wonder how quickly she'll want to be born.  I've had all cesareans though so fingers are crossed.  I really need the month of May to relax and prepare.  Working like a mad woman today and tomorrow on this - as much as I am enjoying myself I also just want to know that I'm done and not worry that I might go into labor while quilting!!  LOL

...and thank you!

Can you believe two years ago now I was just mastering stippling???

No I can't! Your work is just gorgeous plus it's so creative. I look at your quilting and think how did she think of doing that?

Thanks for sharing!

I pray for God's blessing on you and your new member of the family. May she bring you great joy!

We'll all be thinking of you, and sending you good thoughts Valerie!

You said "she". Does that mean you will have 4 girls? Your poor husband! In a few years, you might have to build an outhouse for him, 'cause he'll never get to see the inside of the one(s) in the house

Absolutely stunning Valerie!  I'm curious about the little flower in the Lily of the Valley's.  Are they "flower" portion loose?  It looks very three-dimensional.  The flower just pop!

I can't wait to see the rest of the quilt!

I pray all goes well for baby number four.  I'm sure it will, when she's ready she'll let you know. ;)

Valerie, once again your quilting and design choices are absolutely fantastic. You are one creative and talented person. I can't wait to see the full quilt. I also can't wait to see your family/maternity photos and, of course, pictures of the new addition to your family. Best of luck with everything!

Thank you for all of the prayers and good wishes!  I do appreciate them - while I've been through it before it's always a bit nerve wracking with an impending surgery!  I just pray that baby and I both get through it safely, and that she's healthy and well.  I cannot wait to meet my new babe!  

Janice - yes!  Another girl!  That means Daddy's got four little girls...I can hardly believe it myself.  Wheew!  I hope that they all remain close through life.  I tell them this all the time...I just want them to grow up to be happy, healthy, safe, make good choices, and ALWAYS stay by each others side.  Someday I will be gone and they will only have each other - cherish it! 

We'll all be thinking of you, and sending you good thoughts Valerie!
You said "she". Does that mean you will have 4 girls? Your poor husband! In a few years, you might have to build an outhouse for him, 'cause he'll never get to see the inside of the one(s) in the house

Your quilting is always gorgeous Valerie. I have four girls the youngest is 25 this year and the oldest is 33 she is expecting her first child this fall. All of my girls cherish family so they are close it is a blessing to me that they will always have each other to lean on when I am no longer with them. Best of luck with the newest member of your family.

Beautiful quilting!  Is this a quilter's garden quilt?  Will be thinking about you in the coming days....praying that all goes really well for both of you!  I just returned from a week of my middle daughter's wedding - what a great time!  Now back to quilting again!

Archived