How Do You Paint Around a Longarm? PROGRESS UPDATE

VERY CAREFULLY!!! :D:D:D

I decided I can no longer stand the overwhelmingly purple room...so I am painting this weekend. Here are a few before shots. Yes, even the ceiling is purple! Not to offend the purple lovers out there...

I have chosen a shade of white named "Ballet White". It is white with just a hint of peachy/pink. should brighten things up tremendously. I will post pictures of my progress.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend!

post--13461906885659_thumb.jpg

When I painted my room I put furniture sliders under the legs and slid the whole thing over to get around it and I use two old sheets to cover it completely so I didn't get paint on it. Worked very well.

I think you are going to like your new wall color immensely. I have nothing personally against purple...just saying. LOL. ;)

Funny, when I read the title of your post I answered "very carefully"...then clicked on your post to read that :D

I like purple but that is a lot of purple. Your going to love the new color as that is very close to what I have on my quilting room walls, it is very calm relaxing color.

Guest Linda S

Oh my! Green is my favorite color, but I also love purple. I can see, however, how your purple room would be a bit much. Make sure you put a plastic drop cloth over your machine (or an old sheet or something). You don't want to end up with any stray paint splatters -- and we all know a roller can send them everywhere!

I did the sliders under my machine and also covered it with plastic drop cloths. We also replaced the ceiling and lighting so I did need to protect my machine. Moving it upstairs was not an option as we had to redo the basement in stages that spanned over several months.

I still have a bit of trim to do on the ceiling and will cover it again with plastic. I have new leaders and new plastic panto covers but they are waiting for me to finish painting--just in case.

My quilting basement is purple but it's really light so it's almost a neutral. Your purples would be a bit overwhelming. Love that I painted the dark brown paneling. Hopefully I'll get it finished my week off the last week of Sept.

Looks like you're moving right along. I love Behr paints. I used it to restore a 80 year old house a few years back. I thought I'd never get through painting, but the results were wonderful!

I would definitely recommend eggshell finish, or even a satin finish for the last coat. Depends on how you use your walls. The shinier the finish, the easier it is to clean or remove things you've stuck to it.

I spent the entire day yesterday painting! Got a second coat on the walls and first coat on the ceiling. I took a shot of the room before and after I painted the ceiling...what a difference! The ceiling is heavily textured so it takes a while to paint. One coat took nearly an entire gallon of paint! I chose one shade lighter, a little more white, for the ceiling. It is just enough contrast. For some reason the ballet white didn't look good on the ceiling. I also went with eggshell finish.

post--13461906891664_thumb.jpg

Today I will move this bookcase and paint behind it. The bookcase will go behind the longarm at the other end of the room. I am taking advantage of the opportunity to rearrange and organize a bit since I have pulled nearly everything out of the room. I will post more photos after I have finished. Thanks for all the encouragement!

post--13461906892081_thumb.jpg

Archived