Elmer's surgery - note from Cheri -updated 1/20/13 need more prayers

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just checked and there has been no new posting on Elmer. So keep praying! I've had you Cheri and Elmer and your family in my prayers all day and have checked all day for any news. I 'm praying that no news is good news and Cheri you are with Elmer.

Cheri just posted again, see below:

It has not gone well. It was a very difficult night. At a little after 7 this morning while the docs and nurses were making rounds and explaining things to candi and I Elmer stopped breathing. They immediately started chest compressions and calling for carts and stuff. I moved things in the room so they could get everything in and then candi and I stepped out side the door. They worked for just over 5 minutes before they could get a pulse started. It is a violent thing to watch. We had just told them to stop and let him go and then his heart started.

I dont even know what to say anymore. They put him on a ventilator but expect to remove it in a few days .

I'm praying for Cheri and Elmer and praying there is a miracle. Cheri needs us now more than ever. Please keep them in your prayers.

This is for Cheri...having been a part of many codes over my career I know how it must have looked to you. It's heartbreaking for the family, but I have always thought the family should be able to watch because then they never second guess themselves about if "everything" was done that could have been done. I'm sorry you, your family and especially Elmer have to go through this. Keep your prayers going as will all of us here. Miracles do happen and so far he has been part of a miracle.

Archived