Record breaking completion (also posted under whats on the frame)

I actually pieced and quilted this week (DH was out of town) and put the binding on last night. Living in Florida, I wanted a winter scene for a change. I love snow and winter even though I grew up in So. California and have since always lived in tropical areas and now Florida.

2948721510103666079S425x425Q85.jpg

2204152210103666079S425x425Q85.jpg

That's a great idea! My daughter sent me one she did with the fabrics from Secret Garden. I've been wondering what to do with the quilting. I like the simple lines in the "frame". Looks like you did a water-type meander in the snow scenes?

Do you have time for a close-up? I'll check the other thread too.

Thanks

That looked so realistic it sent chill shivvers down my back.. Loved the feell.. better than warm and sticky.

Terrific job.. I'd love to play around with more than I've been able to, with the panels made into views out the window.. one day..

Really love it, you did Good!!

RitaR

Shana--the weather man is predicting one to two feet of that white stuff for us here in Montana starting tomorrow--let's hope he's wrong, it's way too early for that much snow!

Jolene: How about we switch places for the winter??? Beautiful quilt, I love the trees and snow.

I would love to switch places with just about anyone for the winter. I love trees and snowy areas. I know for you guys that live in snow areas its not as romantic as us southerns think, but its got to beat the humidity in October. It will be weeks before we can turn off the A/C. You would think I grew up in the cold because I don't care for the heat.

Bekah - come on over I'll teach you how to do it.

Archived