When your thead breaks...don't do what I did...

Okay, you all know that when I kept hitting my ruler I ended up throwing it across the room...not one of my better moments, I agree, but sometimes emotions run crazy and stuff happens :)

I am feeling a little pressure to get about 5 quilts done before Christmas in addition to starting a full time job and trying to learn a new computer program...3 weeks of training...final exams...the whole 9 yards....

Anyway, I was on the last row of a custom job/customer quilt and my thread kept breaking. Driving me crazy. I'm trying to "rush"...The last time my thread broke the only thing I could think to do was slap Lucy.

Don't slap your quilting machine because your thread is breaking - it won't fix it!! :D

When I slapped her I forgot my little scissors were on top, on that little post, and they punctured the palm of my hand - you know that fat part by your thumb....ouch!! Then I started bleeding. Had to quit quilting. I have been nursing my hand all week hoping there was no fuzz on the point of the scissors. That whole area of my hand has been bruised and swelled.

I'm just telling you all that story, so that you won't do the same. Not that you would. Who would think to slap their machine up beside the head besides me :D:P

My hand is much better now....but I bet when I start quilting today, my thread breaks :D

So Lucy had the last say huh? You crack me up!:P:P:P:P:P:P If nothing else comes of this you at least made a lot of us laugh! I'm with you on the working full time and doing customer quilts and wedding quilts and all the other things that go along with the holidays. I have company coming for Thanksgiving and I need to make a mock wedding cake and oh lets not forget it is time to decorate for Christmas. I need to get off the puter and get busy. Hope your hand feels better soon.

I'm not much on slapping technical things myself, but my DH does it all the time. The 'gremlin' in our jeep is constantly turning on the airbag light and making everything else go flat. So my DH smacks the dash until it works. At 70 mph on

I-44 I'd rather not be with him when this happens. Hope your hand is better today Mary Beth.

Bonnie,

I don't know if she is "speaking" to me or not...haven't turned her on in a week...so I guess that means....I have the last word :D:cool:

Honestly, I felt like a dork. I knew when my hand was coming up to make contact that it was the wrong thing to do, I just didn't think about a sharp pointy thing that wasn't really suppose to be there.

My hand is better...not black, blue and green today, just a little sore.

Laughing! I am not laughing! I am totally in sympathy with you. I don't feel like slapping the machine, I head to get the hammer and do some REAL damage, the problem is.....Brad always catches me before I am able to get my swing in.

Perhaps, she has learned her lesson and will be sweet and docile with you. Well, one can always hope, right?

In case you all think mrsmargie is kidding, I want to tell you that many times I've caught her heading toward her machine with a hammer, or a screwdriver, or some other deadly weapon, and I've always managed to quietly talk her down. When I get her safely wrapped up in her straight jacket, I calmly fix the machine.

Mary Beth, I have the emergency room on speed dial. I think that might be a good thing for you too!

mrmargie

:P:P:P MB you are too much! You can always make me laugh. I hope your hand is healing but my imagination is really working over-time seeing you slap Lucy silly. :D:D But maybe I shouldn't talk since I took a header in Target.......:D:D Talk about graceful!!!:D:D

When you do start up Lucy maybe you should sweet talk her first, maybe that will help.

Renae Gamel

I have to admit...not only am I laughing, but so is my husband:P:P I'm sorry you hurt your hand so badly, but really, I can picture you smacking Lucy when you were so angry and it just makes me chuckle. I know....my day will come--except I tend to cry instead of hitting things and I'm not so sure that's any better!:o

My brother was mad at his computer one day, and it just so happened that the janitor was vacuming his office at the same time. I guess my brother thought throwing the computer would be a bad idea. So instead he wrapped his huge arms all the way around our small gentleman janitor and picked him and the vacume up with one swoop, and then placed him down outside of his office and closed his office door....No words were spoken...A few minutes later the janitor asked me (HR) if it was ok if he just didn't vacume Montes office anymore. After I was done scolding my brother, my husband and I laughed so hard. Can you imagine being the janitor???? What a shock!!!:P:P:P:P At least neither of them had pointy objects!

MB, sorry for your poor hand.... whenever I do that I think it's a sign from above that I need to adjust my attitude or something.

I was just finishing that poorly pieced baby quilt when I ran the machine into an unsewn and unseen seam!!!! the whole thing locked up and I had to cut away all the thread before I could move anything... It was all going soooo smoothly before that. Hmmmm... and this is the quilt with all the Psalm quotes on it.... Whatdaya think? I slowed down, but must not have changed my attitude enough because it almost happened again!!!!

So, a lesson for all newbies, oldies and fussys.... check all seams before you sew! And check the rearview mirror! just for kicks.

When I needed a babysitter, my sister would step up to the plate. For lunch she would give my kids peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwiches, toated in one of those sandwich machine things. They loved it...I had a fit when I found out :D I think they are called "Fluffer Nutter".

Mary Beth,

I think you might be related to that guy from my home town who got tired of having trouble with his lawn mower and loaded it up, drove it down to the river bridge, and threw it off! The lawn mower got the last laught on that one cuz somebody saw him do it and he had to pay to have it removed from the river!:P:P:P

Temper, temper!:D

Robin

Archived