Name this quilt block

Jolene...the closest that I can come up with is in the Barbara Brackman Encycolpedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns; its on page 335 item number 2736b and is called Evening Star from the KC Star Newspaper published on November 28, 1931...

The only difference is the corner wedges....in the book they are also pieced, where your customers is a solid piece...

post--13461900753428_thumb.jpg

Why Bonnie B! You are just a wealth of information!!!! I have to say I'm so impressed that you always come up with answers!!! YOU"RE THE BEST!

What a great quilt and lucky you Jolene to get to quilt it. Let us see it when you are done! I know it will be wonderful - love the pattern! And a great idea for our 30's block exchange!

Carmen...any block can be made from EQ6, but there are very few blocks that you can create that haven't already been created at a past date....an altered block as this one could very easily have been taked from an original block and hense the one in the quilt is created, but it still is an altered block....with a name, that is of course the question....now the new name may or may not be the same as the Evening Star, but I would bet originally it came from that block pattern.

That's a really neat pattern and I like the open space "star pattern that it forms, almost like a 2nd block pattern.

Bobbi, you and I were thinking alike! When I first saw it I thought it would make a great block for our 30's exchange! So, how many of these do you think we'll get? ;)

I'd like that on my to do list too. Let's see where's page 55? I know I put that no:Dtebook somewhere!

Marlette

(some of my keys don't work on my keyboard - so bear with...

I'm making a "kalidosco_e" out of blue and white fabrics... have half the blocks done... the one I'm making is from (go figure - a magazine!

this is a great _attern, I just downloaded the image and can draft something from that.

I looked at the web site and couldn't get to _age 55. But like the rest of you I have quilts "cut" and ready to sew, and a stack of UFO's too! goodness I ho_e we all live long enough to enjoy getting these done! and given away! LOL

Archived