A pretty good Christmas & a Happy 2009

All in all, this Christmas was better than I expected. I wasn't sure if I would do OK or not as this is the first Christmas since my DH passed away and I think that I did pretty good. Our very good friends have taken me under their wings and invited me on Christmas eve to go with them to a family gathering and there was a lot of good food, friends and their family there. And today, they invited me to go with them to their DS & DIL's home for gifts this morning, Breakfast, games, a movie and then a light supper. I got home tonight at about 5 pm and I really did pretty well. (And the roads are a lot better until you get into the neighborhoods). I wasn't sure what to expect and I just went with the flow and everything was fun, light hearted and I'm glad that I went. I talked to my kids today via cell and they were all glad that my celebrations with our friends went well. There were a few moments that I had tears, but for the most part, it was good. Thank all of you who are thinking of me and praying too. I don't know for sure, but I think that those prayers are helping me cope with the emotional roller coaster ride that I have been on. I am believing that 2009 will be a good year and I want to be the first to wish you a Happy New Year.:cool:

Hi Payy Jo,

I'm so gald your Christmas was enjoyable. I want you to know I was thinking about you as I was going through the first Chrsitmas without my Mother. I had my moments, too, but then I would look around at my family, and especially my two little grandchildren, and I would be laughing again.

Here's wishing you a Happy New Year!!!!

Hugs,

Sandy

Patty Jo, I'm so glad you had a good day! I kept thinking about you yesterday, my Dad has been gone 17 years and we still miss him at the holidays, and talk about things that happen that Dad would have loved. Then we realize that the reason we notice those things and enjoy them is because that's the part of him that he left behind in us! So it's all good!

Happy New Year to you too Patty Jo! So good to hear that your firends are taking good care of you!

:)

My Mom & I were talking about and missing my grandma Christmas Eve.

Nanny was all about family and Christmas, it was wonderful to be at her house with all the aunts, uncles, cousins and whoever anyone brought along. :) The missing never goes away it just gets softer around the edges.

Christmas here was good for the most part, but for my DS having a bad intestinal bug. :( He & I stayed home while the rest of the family went to my sister's for dinner(2hrs away) and the pollyanna exchange. I couldn't leave him here alone on Christmas, so it was the 2 of us and 5 dogs, our 2 and 3 granddogs! I know for sure now that I don't want to own a kennel! ;)

Happy & Healthy 2009 to all of my APQS friends!

Patty Jo--Good for you--keep asking for the prayers because that is what helps.

It has been 3 Christmases since my Dad went home--and Mom only cried 2 times last night--once when she was reading devotions and another when handing out the traditional cards with money that Dad so loved to give all the kids--a lifetime love puts a hole in your heart that can take a lifetime to heal--just give it time!!

Prayers to you--Terri

Patty Jo,

I am so glad you had a good Christmas. You won't believe what happened here. 23 years ago my Knight in Shining Armor died of cancer. His family turned their back on us and we never heard from them again. A few years ago I tracked one of them down and gave my son the contact info. He waited. Not ready to forgive. Until a week ago. He contacted his dad's half brother and actually met him and his family for brunch. My son was given his grandmother's phone number if he wanted to call her. Hallelujah she is still alive and in very good health. Soooooo:):):):) Yesterday my son picked up the phone to call the grandmother he has not spoken to in 23 years (he is 33). Someone kept hanging up the phone---probably caller id--:D:D:D:D After 7 tries he was frustrated. I finally tried on my phone and told whoever picked it up that my son wanted to talk to his grandmother. It took 3 tries before someone actually listened. She finally came on the phone and....Well, it was awesome. She wants all of us to come see her, including ME!!! Who she had resented for taking her son away.She said she has missed me. Wow.:D:D:D:D

I know this is getting long, but God has been opening and closing doors for me these last few weeks. My son feels like a part of that was missing is coming back. I feel welcomed and wanted by my only connection to my late husband. What a gift I was given at Christmas. One I never ever would have expected. :):):) Needless to say we were all crying. But it wa tears of relief, sadness, joy, anticipation. All of it.

BLESSINGS FOR ALL OF YOU THIS NEW YEAR COMING.

Nancy

Patty, I am so glad your weekend went as well as it did. There can be trying times, and it can be very stressfull, but I believe when you need to cry, then do so, it helps release those stresses. And when you are with good people, it makes it easier for them to cry with you.;)

I could not have had a nicer, less stressful few days. My 28 yr old son, came home. He has not been home since my dad passed away 2 yrs ago. We just had the best time, talking, cooking, watching tv, trying to figure out the new embroidery machine I had just bought.....He tried to show me how to download, save, then load into the machine designs. I am sure he thinks I am hopeless. I feel like it is my motherly duty to act stupid, then it makes him feel so much more important:P Told him so also. His favorite saying is 'MOTHER!!!!'.. no matter what I am doing. But I thought it was cute when he asked me to embroider and make a few bibs for his friends new baby. So he helped plan that out. Also if I could make a quilt for that new baby, actually had two done but he wanted something very specific. So that will be done before he leaves early next week. It is so nice when they grow up an appreciate you.

So HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. I HOPE ALL IS GOOD FOR EVERY ONE.

Patty and Nancy - I'm glad yesterday went well for you. I thought of you when I was missing my mom yesterday. She's been gone for a year now but this xmas was harder than last year for some reason. Even my oldest son said he missed all of his grandmoms yesterday. He's lost 3 of them now. My children were blessed with 3 sets of grandparents.

May God bless each of you and the other chat board ladies in 2009!

Patty Jo - What a blessing good friends are. I thought about you Christmas Eve at candlelight service. I know that the Lord will take care of His servants. You are such a trooper to allow your friends to lure you out. Life does go on, it isn't easy or the same as it was but, with help from those who love you, and your own quiet strength, you will make it. You are my hero, Patty.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Patty Jo - am so glad you were with friends & that the weather improved enough for you to even get out and about!!!! Friends can be our salvation! We are so lucky to have them.

Nancy - so glad you are able to reconnect with family - what a long period without them.......... good wishes for a strong relationship from this point on......

Blessings to you both....such huge steps for both of you....You both came up in conversation yesterday so I definitely was thinking both of you. So glad PattyJo this first is behind you, now on to the next one, and prayers its just as easy... Nancy...WOW...when you jump you leap, so glad this too is a moment behind you....its hard to not have family, and certain times of the years its harder. So glad that this hurdle has been jumped and now you can rebuild a relationship with loved ones of the past.

Thank you all for your kind words. Prayers are what keep me going and I think that Nancy Jo would agree with me on that. As far as the hero thing goes, I gave my cape to Goodwill several years ago. I just try and put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Hopefully it is in the right direction - if it isn't, I'm sure that I'll get straightened out sooner or later (hopefully sooner). Each day is a bit of a roller coaster ride, but the highs aren't quite as high and the lows are quite as low as they were. I'm sleeping a bit better but I still have times when I go to the phone to call him to see when he will be home, or I think I have to show him something. Those are the low times when I have to go thru the realization that I can't talk to him.

Again, thank you all for your words of encouragement and for all the prayers. You all mean so much to me.

Patty Jo,

You can still talk to Bill, he just might not answer you as loud as he used to. You'll know he is listening! We'll listen too and you are one brave lady even if you don't feel like it. Shana is so right you and Nancy are so brave and courageous and you are what we should emulate. You both have faced these things with such grace, I'm in awe!

Guest Linda S

Dear Patty - I'm so glad you went out and were in the company of others. That always helps quite a bit. When we stay home all alone is when we leave ourselves time to let our minds wander to sad and melancholy thoughts. God bless you and keep you in the company of those lovely friends. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda

The happiest of New Year's to you PattyJo.

I'm feeling like you, 2009 will be much better.

You are doing all the right things. Friends and family are what it's all about. Good for you for allowing others to help you through this process. That's not an easy thing to do.

Love ya, Bonnie

Patty JO. so proud of you my friend. It is wonderful to know that you have friends so close by that they will help to keep you company from time to time.

I wish for you a peaceful new year. May He continue to just hold you close in those moments you need Him.

I have thought of you often during these past weeks. Will continue to keep you lifted up.

Archived