Courthouse steps sampler

Linda,

I really liked them. I did have a problem getting them to line up so they wouldn't overlap but I decided (on the second to last row) that my machine was butting against the quilt on the take up bar when at the bottom of the boards and so not letting the machine stitch as close to the previous row as it should. When I put a yardstick below the boards, thus moving them away from the back of the table, my machine didn't come close to the quilt on the take up bar. Much better. Learn by doing.

It was driving me crazy while I was quilting but it looked much better after I got it off the machine. Don't most mistakes?

And I only had 2 boards so had to leap frog them down the quilt as I was quilting. If you have 4 boards you wouldn't have to do this. I was going to say I was pretty cheap but I do have an expensive machine to quilt my quilts with!!! Oh well.

WOW, Leann I love your quilt and the BF is perfect for your quilting design. I love the way the wool batting makes the design texture look. I am going to put wool batting on my list. I think you did a great job and I will have to check out the RNS site. Thanks for sharing.

Renae

Archived