Thanks and I have one more === need your help!

I vote for a panto, also. The fabrics are beautiful & you don't want quilting to over-power or distract from them. So don't stress over what to do...put a woodsy or leafy or animal panto on it and let the compliments fly. We want to see the finished results, too!

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

Since I don't do pantos, I won't recommend them but, I love ;) love! Suzanne's Meandering Magic on these types of quilts. Especially the fern meander. I would use a King Tut thread in either Old Giza or Sahara Shadows..... something like that.

It will be stunning!

Ooooh, I like this one. It is the Snapshots quilt from Atkinson Designs from their Happy Hour book.

I just finished piecing and quilting the Between Friends quilt from the same book. I love those designs.

I have quilted one of these and did an overall. I think that the straight lines need some softening

so maybe something big and flowing, like Featheration or Fantasia or Spiral Path.

I personally love the Feather Meander that I learned at Suzanne Earley's class at MQS last

year. It is so fun to quilt a freehand meander and it is done quick, quick.

Shana, I hope that you post some photos when you are done. You know, I love to look at your work.;)

Shana I have a panto called Santa's Forest that is all interlocking evergreen (fir, pine) trees and it would be great on this quilt. And it would fit in with the Moose block really well. I thought that I posted that last night, but it's not here anymore so maybe I didn't really hit the post reply button. Anyhoooo, thought I would add that to this mix. :)

Oh Oh I know! Pick me! :P:P:P

To me this screams for squares/rectangles of different sizes. Let me look for a pic.

I just use an L shaped ruler (90 degree?) and make random Ls and intersect them to make squares and rectangles. It would make that pattern "POP" like it was 3D.

This one is a bit hard to see. I didn't take as many pics of the quilt body.

post--13461901120485_thumb.jpg

I quilted one of these for one of my students. I just did a very simple meander in the main part, but did feathers in the larger border and heart leaves in the smaller border. I think it turned out very nice and the quilting did not take away from the months and months of piecing Michelle did, I was very pleased and she was too.

I found another quilt I'd used it on (I've gotten bad about not taking pictures when I'm done :P )

Thank you Linda! This is one of my favorite all overs, but as you can see from the picture it works cool in a border too.

I often look at a quilt and think more of the same? Like more squares on squares. Or Opposite? Like circles/soft curves. I just think on this one that the more of the same would fill in the more solid looking spots and give it a 3D effect like the piecing pattern was coming off the quilt. I like doing this same thing with circle templates, just real random and overlapping on quilts with circular piecing too.

post--13461901121603_thumb.jpg

Archived