Need More Quilting Ideas from the Experts

This is the one that has both my client and me stumped:o Its in beautiful batiks with the most gorgeous batik batting and she's planning to hang it on her wall.

My only idea so far is to do feather wreaths in each block, but I'm thinking there must be something better.

this is my idea:

depending on how much your customer wants to spend you can change the filler, i just did a meander, but pebbles would TOTALLY work!

then i would CC the SQs in the boder and the keystone SQs in the corners of the border, take the fern to the outer border as well. i think a nice rich chocolate thread would look good, or you could get even more complicated and do two colors: gold and brown/burgundy

Just my 2 cents worth...

post--13461901174587_thumb.jpg

"Need More Quilting Ideas from the Experts"

Hey, don't forget you are an expert too now...Sometimes we get a first impression when we see a quilt. What was your first impression for design on this quilt? Don't be afraid to run with your own ideas too...Or take your ideas, and blend it with some of the ideas you get here. :)

MB, you are far too kind. I haven't even owned my Millie for a year yet, so I'm no expert...a long way from it. In fact, when I saw this quilt, my first thought was, "Holy cow! What am I going to do with this one???" See...no expert here!

Dianne, I'll try to find out which line of batiks that brown came from. It is even more beautiful in person. I should see the client on Monday or Tuesday as I hope to have 3 of her quilts done by then.

Originally posted by DoryJM

In fact, when I saw this quilt, my first thought was, "Holy cow! What am I going to do with this one???" See...no expert here!

I think that almost every time one comes through the door. Okay, some are no brainers....but you are an expert and you need to think of yourself as an expert. Can the ladies that are bringing you the quilts do machine quilting? :o huh?! Well, there ya go!!:cool:

Good advice MB. I was thinking the very same thing. Sometimes we don't give ourselves enough credit for what we come up with. Just practice on paper first (I need to listen this advice I'm giving BTW) so that you have the design down before you start stitching. Just some more thoughts.;)

Okay, MB, I give!!! Uncle, already!!:P:P It is funny how once you get a longarm, other quilters immediately think you know what you're doing.

Patty Jo I'm going to take the paper thing a bit farther. I'll practice on paper, but then I'm going to "trace" the blocks onto muslin and actually practice quilt. I've not done a fern yet and the round circle in the middle of the one that Shannon did scares me....make a round circle?? me???? :o

Oh really Dory!!! Are we not all artists in own rights? ;)

Don't circles come in all shapes and sizes?????? ......... We can make circles in any shape we like and say proudly......... This is the way it is meant to be!! :cool::D

After all, an oval is only a circle that has been stretched a little (sometimes a lot!). And don't discriminate against an elipse, which is just a circle with issues!

Your quilting is great!

Regards,

Archived