Feedsack DWR is under control (now...)

I did all-over-run-over-it and tuck-it-in shell quilting to sort this ebay top out. It was all hand pieced or in some places just tacked.

It is 75" x 83"

I overlocked the very wavery edges and just applied the binding to the waves so it would not hang at all straight but will look great on a bed.

The Warm & Natural wadding has shrinkled nicely so it looks properly aged.

After a good dose of Vanish and loads of eco soap powder and 2 color catchers it even came out clean and bright with only one slight age stain left.

This is the sort of old quilt that I started quilting for!

LINZI

post--13461901237817_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by sewlinzi

The Warm & Natural wadding has shrinkled nicely so it looks properly aged.

After a good dose of Vanish and loads of eco soap powder and 2 color catchers it even came out clean and bright with only one slight age stain left.

This is the sort of old quilt that I started quilting for!

LINZI

Today I learned a new word....shrinkled!

I love it!!! Can it only be used as a quilting reference or could you use it for other non quilty conversations? Eg her face was very shrinkled...;) LOL

I love the quilting and the quilt looks beautiful. I too love to finish these oldies but these hand pieced quilts can be a real pain to quilt. I just finished one and quilted it with a very plush micro fleece on the back but the hand piecing is not strong so I'm now quilting over all the seams on my domestic machine. An interesting thing happened with the micro-fleece small amounts of the yarn came through on the quilt tops and give the stitching for definition. these hand pieced ones are not my favorite to quilt. I respect all of the work that went into it. this one was just a little simple scrap hexagon nothing fancy. I will try to post.

Archived