Tale of 2 quilts

DebsQuiltArt

I had the unique opportunity of receiving in 2 identical quilts. My client allowed me to chose the patterns and thread, so I thought I would share with you all, pictures of both quilts. So many times, I have wondered if I chose the right pattern and thread, so this was a neat experience for me.

The first is Lorien's Bush Berries with sage green thread.

The next is Anne Bright's Botannical Blossoms using a gold thread. Both are done using CQ.

I have included pictures of her backing also. These are her FIRST quilts! Wonderful piecing and very square quilts.

I like them both equally. :D Let me know which you prefer.

-Debra

post--13461901346056_thumb.jpg

First of all I must say that your choices were perfect--both quilts, both designs, both threads. You have a great eye for what is appropriate and will work out beautifully. Lovely quilts!

Second of all--I am stunned by this piecer's work!! The fronts are impeccable--great choice of fabric, outstanding execution of the piecing. And then those pieced backs!! Yowser! She has the eye of an artist--she will be teaching or designing patterns/books/fabric in a few years!! And equally as important--she was smart enough to find you to quilt for her!!!

Bravo to you both!

Both are beautifully quilted, color selections are top rate, quilting and thread the same... I'd certainly hate to be a judge standing and checking out either one of them. They'd have to fire me for favoritisims.

Beautiful job and congratulations to all.

RitaR

Anne Bright's Botanical Blossoms is more complex than Lorien's Bush Berries, but they have that similar element that looks like a little curl at the base of the flower/leaf. I was going to say the Bush Berries would be my first choice for its simplicity. Nothing wrong with Anne's, just a little more interest with the blossom/flower.

Very nicely done and I agree that your client is an excellent piecer! Is that pattern a Tennessee Waltz?

Two beautiful quilts! And.... beautiful backs. This has made me rethink backs of quilts. I'll be doing more pieced backs now that I've been inspired by these. I'm working on one right now that I have extra fabric from and was wondering how to use it on the back. Thanks for posting these.

Archived