Spring Kaleidoscope Quilt

This is a top I made at least 4 years ago for my daughter. It is now on her bed and she loves it. Meg...this is the quilt I told you about. There are spirographs in the center of each kaleidoscope block...feathers in the outer pink border...line dancing in the green triangles...and piano keys in the stripe border.

Enjoy. It doesn't feel like spring here as we just had 6 inches of fresh snow yesterday!

2376356140104483472S425x425Q85.jpg

2405333740104483472S425x425Q85.jpg

2618422270104483472S425x425Q85.jpg

2188425200104483472S425x425Q85.jpg

Kristina,

The quilt is darling.:D Your feathers are really coming along!! Great job - I tried to look carefully at the Spirographs - from what I could see ......... the issues I wrote you about show up. Glad your daughter loves it. How old is she?? Post a picture.

Keep me posted.

Meg, this is for my 2nd child...she just turned 11. She remembers when I started it years ago. Yes, the issues you spoke of are there. It was difficult to get really closeup photos. However, overall, I am pleased with how this quilt turned out. All of the quilts that I make for my kids end up getting dragged throughout the house and seem to go through more washing then the law should allow!! They are most certainly loved!

Just beautiful. My daughter would love your quilt. She loves pastel colors and floral designs! I am not going to show her the pictures because she want me to make one:P:P:P The last 4 quilts I have made for her:D but I need to do a few for me:)

Kristina - the joys of watching your babies love what you make for them. My son is grown - & outgrown the handmade stage. I made a wonderful silk/cashmere afghan for him a few years ago. He likes it but his cats love it more. I hope some day to have a grandbaby so I can again make all those wonderful things............ His wife is a sweetie, but also not into the handmade ............. she watched me quilt for about 10 minutes once and then was off. In her defense, she has her PhD and is so smart and so cute. She is the perfect match for my son. She is also into health. Just entered and finished her first 1/2 triathlon & she had never been swimming prior to November!

Kristina, your quilt turned out wonderful, so very springy. Very pretty and the quilting looks great.

You just got more snow, here in Florida its in the mid - high 70's. We never really had a winter this year. I wish it would get colder. I know it is Florida, but I'm not here by choice, would rather live where there is seasons.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived