How to quilt this?

I don't mind SID - so my recommendation would be to SID the braids and then feathers in the border and around the center heart - would do fun feathers - not formal. I think the heart in the middle stands for itself. Or if you need hearts - would still keep the feathers around the center heart and then a meandering heart/ribbon in the borders.

cute quilt....

Gets the juices flowing! I would love to do the feathers--okay for kids--that's my only worry! I love the daisy and heart pantograph--might try that freehand--like the loopy heart--ribbon and heart--I do mind SID--but could work on that too. I'll post a pic (or try) when I'm finished! THANKS!

Jane

Keep it simple.

Squiggle instead of Straight line SID. Very Fast and not too much thread coverage. Heart with Piano keys separating them. Doesn't need alot. Its really cute.

Sorry I'm new to photo shop and not that good with it YET. lol

Good luck Grammie

post--13461901499023_thumb.jpg

I have done these braids on French braid quilts. Lots of seams to pop up over time unless they are nailed down. See attached photo for a continuos curve way to stitch the blocks freehand, no ruler and no SID.

I love Tammie's ideas for the hearts in the border and the center medallion.

And like everybody else, I would love to see a photo of the finished product.

post--13461901499663_thumb.jpg

Archived