Ideas for a lone star

I just did my first lone star custom. It was easy. I used the continuous curves for the star and did easy feathers for the blocks/triangle. It's not perfect but a 'practice' one. I was very pleased with the results. I did a search on webshots and after looking at many decided to avoid the feather wreath the first time out but did feather the blocks. This is the one I used as an example for the feathers (not the star):

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1515651651073990685lRQdMh

So thanks to 'sewbobbie' who posted to webshots!!!!

Feathered wreath is for the next lone star.

Oh, how I love a Lone Star. It was wonderful to see Patty & JoAnn's photos. I've pieced several and those diamonds aren't the easiest...this quilt deserves a custom approach. I've done cc's in the diamonds but I love the little curl that Patty added in each. And almost anything goes in the background squares & triangles as JoAnn's work illustrates. Love the large arcs in pic #2. I need to play more with Renae's Amazing tools! Thanks for the inspiration.

Nancy in Tucson

I am working on a lone star right now. I CC'd the triangles in the star, except for the very center of the star and I did feathers there. Mine also has 8 pieced tulip blocks. The leaves are featherd and the stem is a squiggly line. I haven't figured out what to do in the petals. The background around the tulips has a small meander. The 6" wide inner border, which is broken up due to the tulips, is cross hatched, the 2 1/2" middle border is a meander of loops, leaves and flowers. The outter 6" border is the hump-bump feathers. I'll post pictures after it is off the frame. I am really enjoying doing this quilt.

Oh my goodness ladies those are absolutely beautiful, every single one of them. Makes my crosshatched one look kind of sad. If I can figure out how to fix my computer I will post a picture. It was how the customer wanted it quilted.Turned out ok but certainly not as fantastic as these. I am going to save them for inspiration for the next one in my door.

Sandra be sure to post a picture. Your quilt sounds fascinating

Originally posted by sandradarlington

These pictures are really beautiful!

Linda, how did you do the wreath? It looks like a computerized design. Either way you did it, it looks great.

Yes indeed, parts are CQ! But not everyone I do is. Just depends.

CQ is my very best friend when it comes to custom, and my clients love it.

:cool:

Archived