Question and Introduction

Hello Everyone- Just wanted to introduce myself. Thanks to Heidi I am FINALLY able to get on this forum. I have been reading for awhile but unable to log on or register. But all fixed now..Anyway my name is Roxanne and I live in Central Nebraska, just got my Millie a few weeks ago, and just got back from MQS. What a blast... I started quilting several years back before regulated stitch, but when my Dad passed away my sister got the quilting machine so my quilting came to an end for about 5 years. Withdrawal got the best of me and I decided to take the plunge and get one of my own. Am loving it and all the upgrades which brings me to my question. When sewing with warm and natural I am getting a little pull through on the back. Should I be changing to a thinner needle when I am quilting on this? Does anyone else have this problem? I am sure when you wash it it will pull back in but kinda looks bad. Any suggestions? I have really enjoyed following all your posts and look forward to picking your brains with all my problems!!!! Thanks Roxanne P S How are you doing those cute little signatures? Oh and what size is a good size for photos so that it will fit good on the screen?;)

Roxanne,

Looks like you got the signature down pat! I live about 16 mile south of York and go to GI to the Material Girl quilt shop. Deb is a nice gal-she owns it-and really nice fabric. Call or e-mail me sometime-I would like to get to know you and welcome to the forum!

402-981-7056 cell #

welcome to the family roxanne!

warm and natural question....it has a 'wrong' and 'right' side. the wrong side is the scrim side and should be against the backing fabric.

if you cut it off the bolt, it's folded just like fabric, the wrong side is the inside of the fold.

when buying it packaged- the wrong side is 'smoother' without all the little flicks of stems and seeds....

clear as mud?

i learned this when i accepted a client quilt with pieced W&N, i noticed it poked in some areas and not in others. i saw that having one side up versus the other side made more pokies. then i noticed the texture difference....

Wow I didn't know that about the W & N. Learned something new today::D Will give that a try and see if it helps. Thanks .....Thanks for all the welcomes too you all are so nice. As soon as I figure out the picture thing I will try to post but please don't hold your breath sometime it takes me a time or two before I figure these dadgummed things out.:(:(:(

Welcom Roxanne. Glad to have a new sister in our family. I see that Shannon spoke to the poky question. I had to frog a row on a quilt due to having W&N upside down. turned it over and no pokies. anxsious to see your pictures. sounds like you are having fun already.

Hey, Roxanne, Welcome to the site! I don't live anywhere near NE (I live in FL) but if you're ever down my way stop and stay awhile! ;)

You'll love this place, the gals are all so helpful and talented! I am in awe of all of them, when I "grow up" I want to be like them. I've had my millie, Annabelle, for a year now and still fell very much like a newbie.

Looking forward to lots of pictures!

Welcome to the forum Roxanne and I live in NE also and not that far away. I live in Norfolk and I would also like to meet you

so if you want to make a trip to Norfolk we can spend a day quilting, shop hopping or what ever you wish. Just give me a call. There is nothing better then meeting other quilters!!;)

Archived