New Quilts

Merete - what beautiful quilts. I like the CC's in the star quilt and as for the sampler, I've always treated each block separately. I would try and use simular motifs throughout all the blocks so that it stays consistant. CC's in the geese and SID around sashings. Just some ideas. I'm sure someone else has some different ideas. :)

Merete,

What pretty quilts you get! For the 2nd quilt oh there are so many options. I would SID the blocks and let them speak mostly for themselves, adding in cc's to fill or feathers here and there but like Patty Jo said something to pull them all together. I would stipple down the background so that the piecing really stands out. There are lots of options in the flying geese. You can use cross hatching, feathers or even a swirly design in the borders depending on the style the customer wants. I would use a lot of swirly type designs to make it move.

Love what you are doing to the first one...the second one WOW...I don't have an answer, I would do several things depending on the cost she wants to spend....from baptist fans to custom... The sky is the limit on this one.

I really like what you are doing on the first quilt........great curves.

The second one I would do like the girls suggest......let each block talk to you because it is a sampler. DeLoa's book would be a great place to start for ideas. Can't wait to see them when you're finished. Great quilts and your quilting will make them shine! ;)

Archived