I am so excited

I've just been asked to be part of a special meet and greet event at the Festival of Quilts at Birmingham in August. It's for invited guests and will then be offered to people who have booked on the evening events. It sounds really fun, with champange for those who drink it and time for me to talk to a smaller group and show them how I do what I do. It sounds dangerously professional.

Of course there is still a risk that no one will want to come to the event which is between the show closing for the day on the Saturday and the evening events, but I a so thrilled to have been asked. I had been pretty certain I would have my machine set up on the stand but now I am certain.

Ferret

That's exciting!!! Congratulations. Wish I could learn to do what you do. I just love your work. You need to do a book or DVD, or do an internet class. Or I could come to the UK, yeah right. But I can dream.

Anyway have fun.

PamH

Well, I've just got to hope people want to come and talk to me. I suspect free drinks will encourage some. It's going to be a pretty big event and I think I am now looking forward to it. My book is very close, my quilts are coming together and I think I have a plan for the gallery. Even with such a huge space it is tricky fitting the machine in. Just as well I have a much smaller frame than standard I suppose.

I will be trying out a camcorder at the show and if things go well I might try a DVD. I'm not sure what I do that others don't which makes it hard to know what to teach. Suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks for the support guys.

Ferret

Congratulations, you Old Pro!:cool: I'm afraid my flight back north leaves on mid Saturday afternoon so I won't be able to appreciate the free champagne but I could have it earlier - Elevenses is the best time to drink it!;)

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have been working on these past months and where it will lead you next...:)

That's a shame, but at least you will be there for the show. You know I could claim this is partly your fault. You were booking a teaching tour before anyone else really noticed me. I still use that as an illustration of what can be achieved BTW.

Ferret

Well, there you go! I'm chuffed to have got the ball rolling. Now you can go global - if you need a British tour operator/fixer/gopher I've got the low down on Paducah, Holland and always willing to check out new, international events...!!:P

OR how about Television - an "alternative" UK version of The Quilt Show with Dawn French and Simon Pegg, scripted by Richard Curtis OR a cartoon where spiky blue haired beings have to battle the Regiments of Quiltatrons...

Can you tell that I'm off on a Guild Retreat in an hour and my idea of getting changed for a formal dinner is wearing bright yellow trousers with the green DM's. They are going to MAKE me do paper foundation piecing all weekend and the nearest Longarm is 200 miles away BUT there will be chocolate and I'm very good at making my own entertainment in my own bizarre fantasy world:cool:

Archived