Neon Quilt needs a name (w pics)

I THINK it's finished...What can I call it?

Many hours quilting freehand

Double layer of Dream Puff doesn't make the firmest fake trapunto and is like handling a carpet

Painting around feathers with Stewart Gill Byzantia 3 coats took ages - take my hat off to the likes of Sherry RH for her patience - it gave me a sore hand; also painting in shell filler gap

This quilt is for a Longarm exhibition where most of the others are Gammill, pantos and computer so I wanted to be different. I had to use a half yard of a pink and orange batik and make a log cabin quilt that was 70" x90" so I added LC blocks to a Lonestar UFO that I pieced badly 3 years ago. I decided that I was allowed to play with neon thread.

post--13461902204943_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sewlinzi

I THINK it's finished...What can I call it?

How about "Star Light, Star Bright"?

Too cutesy?:)

That is simply stunning, Linzi!

Your stitching and painting are superb--that tiny filler looks like golden sand. Great job!

Linzi - you do the coolest stuff! I couldn't find the photos on your blog or Flicker...but...the feathers look like they were embroidered (the lavendar outside part)...were they? OMG! too cool...sorry you guys have such a problem with honkin' colors...check out Freya's socks on the photo of her winning quilt...btw...late congratulations on that, too! Rita

LInzi--wow you have the coolest imagination--and when I am not required to do customer quilts anymore--I want to just play with threads and my machine!!!

I don't have any advise on what to name this one--I lots of times will give a customer quilt a name--as that will lead me how to quilt it--think what your reasons for doing your quilting designs were and maybe that will lead you somewhere. Something that will make people think a while and then go--"I get it!!"

Let us know what you come up with!!

I called this one---"Paws off my chocolates"

post--1346190220584_thumb.jpg

Terri, that quilt is just like a box of chocs!

I never realised that this season's colours were pink n orange!! I'm a typical Aquarian - no idea what is current and way out of kilter with what is fashionable but quite imaginative. I am meeting a dress-maker tomorrow to see if she can make me something smart but unusual for FOQ - I don't know if she will be out-there enough as I want something Scottish but not naff. My best friends want me to wear a Tam O'Shanter with an outrageous feather. I never wear skirts but I might if I can get new long Doc Martens... I digress!

My tentative but unsatisfactory names so far are

Rise n Shine

Tangerine Dreams

Bedazzled

Trailer Trash (because it's neon log cabin?)

This is a really neat quilt, wish I could see it in person, please enter it at Houston, it could give the art category a real boost...I don't do well "naming " quilts, sometimes my brain just feels them as explosions of color, energy, tactile feeling, this quilt has me on overload, NICE Great job, Pat

;);):cool:

Archived