Do you need all that thread?-finished quilt

Wow! What an adorable quilt. You are a great grandma to be trying so hard to cheer her up. It's probably therapy for you, too. I know that I really miss my GD who lives in Illinois. When I visit Illinois for several weeks, I then miss the 2 GDs in Pennsylvania.

I don't see any boo boos in that quilt!

Linda

It is actually one of those story book panels that I got on clearance for a dollar or two from either Hancocks or Hobby Lobby. I just cute them apart, added wonky borders and stitched it into rows. I plan to finish it tonight. I'll post pictures of the finished project. I has sure been fun to quilt it.

Of course as soon as this one is done I have to make one for her older sister, Nevaeh (4). That one is also going to be story book panels, but with Nemo as the focal point.

The answer is "yes we need all that thread!" We all know that our dear husbands have the male counterpart to thread somewhere in their lives, whether it be vehicles, tools, boats, etc. When I bought a bunch of rainbow threads I wondered if I would use them, but it is amazing how threads bring life to a quilt. I personally love changing threads to get the right color.

Your quilt is just charming by the way! Great choice of quilting!

Archived