A collage of Feathers for you

Very nice job! But if you are sincere in requesting constructive criticism, the only thing that jumps out at me is that perhaps your feathers are a bit big for the size of the girl, at least as seen in the very first block. The quilting almost overpowers the girl. You might want to think about making the feathers smaller. But they are nice feathers!

I think they are both fantastic. I need to get a wave template but right now I use Kimmy Brunner's method she taught on her Twirly Whirly video for my spines. I still need to practice 'cuz they aren't as evenly spaced as I would like.

The only comment I have is that I think maybe the border in the blue and white quilt may have benefitted from a little something in the background behind the feathers, like the blocks had. Maybe a crosshatch or even the stipple again.

Thank you all again for your wonderful comments. I know that the Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt looks busy but these are closeup pictures and when the Quilt lays on the bed it is just perfect, I think anyway and so far my Customer is very happy.

The blue and white Quilt has scalloped edges and the motif you see fills out the space between the inner border and the swag scallop. I am not a big fan of cross hatching, it looks good on some Quilts, but this one was not it. It has enough hard lines with the saw tooth border so we made the quilting soft and curvy.

Isn't it nice how we can all see so many different ways to quilt the same Quilt? Thanks again

Monika those quilts are wonderful. feathers are great, and I love the way you used the bump-bump feathers inside the sawtooth border. You are doing great.

Liam, Holly and Stephany, I have nearly laughed myself ill over your descriptions. Mine looked more like farts, no one can tell what they looked like or what they were...

Congratulations on the feathers. You've done a beautiful job and your customers should be pleased.

There must be something in the air - I just did my first feather borders finishing off a Drunkard's Path quilt. Mine aren't as nice as yours, but they still make me feel very happy. We have to start somewhere!

Sharing your grin,

Lynn

Archived