Music to quilt by

Hey Kenna-Babe! Oh yeah, I like Stevie Ray, too. I pretty much listen to anything out there. I like to switch around the music channels. I also like the head banger stuff but I tried to quilt to it and it just requires too much concentration and distraciton! So... I save that music for when I am on the road or need to blast out my ear drums for a while. :cool:

I'm listening to a OnLine radio station from the UK. Rock n Roll mostly - When I have my MP3 player on, its big band, Nat King Cole, Elvis, Elevator music....a real mix. My favorite all time band was from SF in the 70's & 80"s called "Tower of Power" Still love to listen to my CD of them:cool:

Yep - my kids were in high school and I loved this music. They were embarassed that I would "grove to the tunes" along with their friends and would beg me to behave!!! Like that ever happened. Well maybe once in awhile. My son played sax in high school and he was always trying to mimic these guys. love, love, love them. I'm going to keep checking their schedule and try and get to a show one of these days. :cool:

I too like it all...but it depends on what I'm working on to what is in the air regarding tunes...small stuff demands, easy listening soft guitar or piano, celic etc...meandering or large stuff EVERYTHING, but my fav is actually salsa music for that or native american music. LOVE it all, but have to draw the line to heavy heavy metal or hard rock...I have to be really in the mood to listen to either of those.

Although the new favorite single right now is Taylor Swift's "You belong to Me"!!! can't hear that one enough, I really like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AHzIq_n-DQ

I listen to everything out there too! Love Deff Leopard and Twisted Sister. Anybody remember Leon Russell?? LOVE him! Used to be IN love with him!! hahahaha And then there is Jim Morrison's sexy voice caressing my ears! And don't forget Barry White! Love The Beatles and Sugarland, Brooks and Dunn, Beethoven, Bach, Liszt. I'm asking for a MP3 player for Christmas. It's gonna be FULL!!!:P:P

Lately it's been Black Eyed Peas, but Pat Benetar, Shania Twain and Garth Brooks have been my choice of quilting music recently, too. Depends on the mood. Def Leopard is one of my favorites, too. My quilting room used to be the pool table room before it was a bedroom. Of course when it was a pool table room, DH just had to hook up speakers in the walls and it's really nice to have my own stereo system in that room only if I want.

Right now I'm listening to Vivaldi with a little Kenny G thrown in for variety:D

I'm working on a quilt with 88 roses--freehand--eeeekkkkk and each rose has two leaves, color changes from red rose to green leaves. I don't know what I got myself into.:o

I need relaxation and lots of time!!!:o I may have to change to some yoga meditation music...:P

Boni, can you do all the red roses first, then go back and do the leaves in green?

Although I enjoy all sorts of music, when I am quilting I tend to stick to things like classic rock from the 60s and 70s, alternative rock, big band, swooners like Frank Sinatra, lite jazz, beautiful classical and instrumental; sometimes I'll switch to bluegrass which I like..or someime country but the country stuff gets old after a while (it all starts to sound the same like it's rehashed from an old hit song from before or it gets too twwwaaaan-gy and I don't care for that) :D know what I mean? I gotta change the music.

Archived