I'm stumped...any ideas??

Hi girls, I am hoping someone will have ideas for this quilt. The customer wants it simple. At first she didn't want any quilting in the panels but I told her she has to have something in there as they are too big to leave empty. It has 3 borders and sashing. Any wisdom would be appreciated. I've already stitched in the ditch on everything.

Thanks

Tracey

post--13461902570978_thumb.jpg

Could you do some basic outline of different things in the pictures? Like the boat, the man, the waterfall, etc. I did this once on a Christmas panel,, I did not want to just meander over the top, but outlined the manger scene, added spikes in the straw area, etc. It would define and not detract from the pic.

No it wouldn't look silly.

If she wants simple, I would pick a nice beige/tan variegated thread and just do a medium meander all over the quilt. I think it would look just fine. Medium meander is very quick, easy and $$ ka-ching $$ time is money and you can do a quickie on this one and move to the next quilt!

JMHO

But if you wanted to do something different in the sashing (leaves?) and the outer borders go for it, girl!

Looks like Shannon as always gives good suggestions. Here is my quick one. Depending on what your charging you can fill in around the squares with a stipple or woodgrain to add more punch. That really makes the squares pop. You just do a zig zag going to the center and then come up the other side. Super quick and easy but gives a really dynamic look and is more masculine.

post--13461902572981_thumb.jpg

You girls always come through!!! I have so far done a water meander in the blue sashing and the outer border. I'm going to do a large stipple in the block (she doesn't want it to be too expensive) I like the fish idea Bonnie. Heidi, if she was willing to pay for it, I would do all that work in the block but.......my back is killing me and I don't wanna play anymore:(:D Actually, on second look, that looks like less stitching than a meander hmmmmm. Percacet anyone?? LOL off I go to sew, sew, sew

Originally posted by Tracey

Heidi, if she was willing to pay for it, I would do all that work in the block but.......my back is killing me and I don't wanna play anymore:(:D Actually, on second look, that looks like less stitching than a meander hmmmmm. Percacet anyone?? LOL off I go to sew, sew, sew

Oh it looked like way more than it really is. I would just do a basic outline and I did that all continuous so not backtracking and you can just fill it up and she'll be super impressed! I don't think it would take anymore time than stippling it.

Archived