NQR: Is it bad for a 47 year old girl to have a crush on a rock star? I feel like a silly teenager!!!

:P:P:P:P hahahaha!

OK my husband will kill me if I hang a poster of Rob Thomas on my bedroom wall but I sure do love how that guy sings. OMG!

Is it totally silly for an old gal like me to be totally loving his music? I just love his voice. I get all gooogly loose and wobbly in the knees.... :P My husband knows and he teases me ...

Hehehehehe!

There, I said it. I admited to the world that I love Rob Thomas and Matchbox 20. I am a blob of goooo. Gold rolls off of his tongue when he sings!!!

Disclaimer. I am not going to stalk him, though. But I would love to see him in concert. Maybe some day... (and I'll make Andre take me, too) hehehe! ;):D

I was watching the 40th anniversary of Woodstock and found that Joe Cocker drew my attention. It's interesting to watch him in that scenario, and then go to his website today and see how he looks so ordinary. Now, for a 60 year old woman to be interested in Woodstock is one thing, and to have a crush on anyone is something else. This old gal likes to listen to Joe Cocker. Is that a surprise????

When you go to Joe's website you can listen to some of his latest recordings--and it's not too bad.

I also found a short video of Joe singing with Luciano Pavarotti, singing You Are So Beautiful. Now that's quite a combination--It gave me chills it was so moving.

Go for it Shana. You can like any music you want to. We "old" gals can still enjoy a good voice any day.

http://www.cocker.com/

:):)

Hey girls, that's life! Good sign that we are still alive! I hope we will feel like this even with 70 or older ... :D

I've got an 83year old grandaunt and she told me that one knows the age by brain but feels like it very rarely. She is a widow for 7 years now. A few times in the year when I accompany her to an event and there's a special man she's flirting like a young woman. Very cute ... :):D

Hey I also love the musical style of Joe Cocker. Totally unique and very artistic!! I saw a video of him (maybe it was when he was at Woodstock) and you know how these guys get so involved; in a trans? and into their song they like turn into an instrument, not a person singing. I have to go find the video. It was a mockery but funny nonetheless... I was totally cracking up!!! But all due respect, Joe Cocker is very very talented! Definitely has his own style. I like that!

OK , I found it on Youtube. It's funny with someone dubbing in lyrics.... :P

Joe Cocker...you ARE up my alley! BUT...it was so painful to watch him sing with Patti LaBelle...can't remember the song...but she's a hugger and he's NOT! He looked like a restrained deer in the headlights! But SING...A Little Help From My Friends makes me totally crazy...especially THE NOTE! Rock On! Rita

Don't worry, Shana...these feelings just mean you're alive and well! I could name a few singers who have the same effect on me but one that always stands out was the feeling I get when I see David Groehl(sp?) from the Foo Fighters sing with an acoustic guitar, talk about melt! I even surprised myself, too, at my behaviour at a David Wilcox concert this summer (we won't go into that!) ...not so much his looks, but boy what a rockin' night of music that was:P

I personally think the funny part is seeing the "sweet young things" and having flashes of the old days when they might have looked back at you with interest.... Only to now look in the mirror and realize you could be their Grandma or worse yet, their GREAT Grandma! LOLOLOL

I've been a "Rocker" since the 50's, and I'm not stoppin'! I no longer have an all time favorite song or singer, there are too many. But I have to say, that even though I'm a more of a "traditional" rocker, I love Garth Brooks and his "low places", and especially "The Dance"...

Like Rita says, Rock ON!!!!

And Shana, you aren't even CLOSE to being an old gal, that's at least 20 years. Old is however old you are plus 10-20 years... That way you NEVER reach OLD!

OK , I found it on Youtube. It's funny with someone dubbing in lyrics.... :P

Hilarious:P

The first time I watched the Woodstock anniversary video, I wondered if he had a "handicap" or if that was just his quirk. Now I know--that's Joe Cocker.

Gotta love 'em.

Archived