Bonnie B---did you get home with a full Durango?!?!

Kristina, Bonnie emailed me last night and said she made it home safe. She said she was pretty worn out. I have been so excited for her. I hope she post her pictures tomorrow.

If I get a chance tomorrow, I will post pictures of Lilla's make over. I had a photo shoot that took up most of today.

Sorry guys, no pictures...its was pouring rain so bad that I wouldn't use the camera...it is WAY to expensive to get even damp...sorry.

YES, we are all in the basement....was a tight fit for the poles to get around the corner, but Gene got them down there. Finished up the last quilt on the old machine and now need to make room for the new one.... I have some major rearranging to get it all in. When you have a space for a 12 foot and now have a 14 you need to rethink a few things. I might need to cut down the cutting table and totally rearrange things...but I sure hope to have it up and running by weeks end.

I didn't look bad after it was loaded...it went VERY well, other than coming home in a horrible rain storm and deciding not to stop but to keep going when you can't see the road very well, it was a long and hard ride. But me, the Durango, and the quilting machine all arrived without any booboo's and now just need to get it up and the first quilt top on.

Originally posted by Bonnie

I have some major rearranging to get it all in. When you have a space for a 12 foot and now have a 14 you need to rethink a few things. I might need to cut down the cutting table and totally rearrange things...but I sure hope to have it up and running by weeks end.

LOL when I first read I read - I might need to cut a wall down! :P:P:P I'm sure Gene would love you for that! I hope you get her all up and running soon.

Miss Bonnie,

You will now need to change your signature to add in your Millie's name. Congrats and it will be better than ever, I"m sure! Enjoy, we are all so excited for you. Such anxious Aunites and Uncles all are waiting with bated breath. What is bated anyway, is that like when you bait for a fish?? Humm, Off to bed with such silly thoughts.

A

According to Merriam-Webster, "Bated Breath" is like "holding your breath"----moderate or reduced.

Bonnie, I, too, am glad you are all home safe and sound. My LA came into my quilting room through the windows!

Can't wait to see pictures of your new "do".

Bonnie,

I too am glad that you made it home safely! I too have a 14 ft frame and it is so heavy that I don't know how you put it into a durango, although I am sure that if you had the same wind and rain we did, no wind would be able to blow your truck off the road....

Congratulations on your new machine!

The poles, side rails and struts went on top of the Durango....they were strapped to the luggage rake, everything else went inside. It actually wasn't as big a deal as I was worring about. The top load was well balanced and well strapped down. No bounce after 6 straps, and even in the heavy winds that was in the rain we did just fine. The biggest problem was the rain, there were times it was pretty blinding and to heavy for thwe wipers to keep up.

Now the major cleaning starts, and I may even find things, books, patterns that will need to be rehoused. So if that happens I may have a forum garage sale.

Archived