Practicing on Satin...now what to do with it?

I was practicing last night on some satin that I had.

I put the shiny part of the satin inside and used the dull side as the top. Much prettier I think.

I practice swirling into McT...and feathers going every which way! The piece squares to 21" x 27".

Now what to do with this? I am thinking about making a purse. Any suggestions?

post--13461902802613_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Boni

How about a little jacket/wrap for an evening out. . .glitz it up with crystals. . .

I like this idea...I might look for a bolero pattern. No where to wear it here though. I am in a very rural area. The cows and deer and elk might like it though!

I have no room for throw pillows. A purse might get too dirty. Keep up the ides...so far I like the bolero jacket idea. Thanks Boni. ;)

I was going to suggest a vest too, but I didn't know how "fancy" it looked up close. The bolero is what i was thinking, just couldn't think of that name. I have a vest pattern that looks like the front of a tuxedo. It's a multi-size pattern. If you want it, I'll let you borrow it.

post--13461902833427_thumb.jpg

I am really thinking the bolero would be best. But thanks Boni for the offer of the pattern. I would love to find a bolero jacket pattern. This could be fun.

I am thinking I will have to keep playing with this satin and make a larger piece of 'fabric'. It sure felt good to just let loose and quilt. No boundaries...no real idea. I love that! :)

Archived