Note to Self

Oh I have all the pieces...they were all over the living room, dining room and some in the kitchen. I finally have them all layed out the way I want them and the phone rang....Charles is bringing Haylee over :o I should have known not to try to piece a quilt in the living room, but I don't have windows or a TV in my studio so I get bored working down there and end up posting instead of piecing :)

A few months ago my Daughter was quilting her quilt, while she was qulting I was sitting at my sewing table piecing. It get warm in my studio at times, without warning my daughter grabbed the remote for the fan and turned it on. The fan was facing right at my sewing table when it came on, I had fabric pieces flying everywhere. I laugh now, but at the time it wasn't too funny.:)

Well, I always try to look at the bright side:

Perhaps (subconciously) (SIC?) you were wanting your spiral to be a bit more "scrappy"?

I used to cut my fabric out on the kitchen counter, and one of the kids almost always made a sandwich... (you don't want to know how I feel about crumbs on the counter or table...)

NO, they weren't "crummy" quilts!

Oh wow, MB! The wind did that? I've had kids brush past and knock stacks of pieces to the floor but those stayed where they fell! I did have issues with my cocker spaniel getting into my big basket of color organized yarn pieces for rug hooking. I came home from work and the basket was empty, and Winston was laying on his back in the middle of the living room floor in mid-wriggle. He'd obviously been playing all day because they were all over the 2 bedroom duplex. On the beds, under the beds, stuck to the drapes, and a few in the toilet. He had a party!

Birds are funny, I had a parakeet that would play all over the place. He would ride on my had while I was quilting and pull the thread out of the needle, peck at the stitches, pull out the straight pins. And if I left him out while I was at work, I would come home and find everything I'd left on the quilt ond the frame on the floor. Rulers, markers, thread, thimbles, and every single straight pin out of the magnetic dish. @eicing? :e'd pick out pieces and walk away with them!

i was finishing up an inner border on a huge-I-mean-really-really-huge quilt and it was all flying geese. I counted out my rectangles, i counted out my corner squares. All is good. I finished up my flying geese, and started putting them on. Several days 'fly' by ... i settle back into stitching the flying geese together and son-of-gun ... I'm short 75 geese. i'm thinking they either flew south or Mr. dancing bear had a need for them .... don't ask. Needless to say, I put together 75 more honkers ... I can count something, count again, and then again ... and never come up with the same number twice. go figure ... i twirl around around and around with geese flying all over the place ... sigh...i love this!

Archived