My United Way Raffle Quilt Project for 2009

Wow Shana--you warmed the whole town with just one quilt!!

The piecers, tickets sellers, and the fabulous quilter ;) were warmed by the thought of the good this would do.

The ticket purchasers were warmed by the beauty of the finished quilt and the thought of the people their money will help.

And the winner gets to be wrapped in all the love that went into it.

**sniff** You did good my friend!!!:)

OH Shana, not only is this a beautiful, gorgeous quilt, but the love that went into it by everyone is very evident. I am so proud to call you friend. Your heart is as big as Alaska. Now, are you going to write a pamphlet or give lessons on how to successfully run a raffle? I will be first in line

Congratulations Shana, the quilt is stunning and is indeed a credit to you all, especially as a group guilt can sometimes be thwart with problems.

I am gob smacked at how much money you and your team have raised. That was a remakable achievement. I am unfamiliar with what "United Way" is. :cool:

Yvonne

Picton

New Zealand

Originally posted by Von Roberts

I am gob smacked at how much money you and your team have raised. That was a remakable achievement. I am unfamiliar with what "United Way" is. :cool:

Yvonne

Picton

New Zealand

Hi Yvonne,

To answer your question about United Way, I believe it is an "umbrella" organization that encompasses and manages funding for many, many national as well as local charities. I will post a hyperlink if you want to find out more. :)

http://www.liveunited.org/

PS: I will be emailing you that quilt pattern (via pdf) that you asked for. I've been out of the office most of the past two weeks involved as a juror in a criminal trial. We are deliberating the allegations now and will most likely finish up tocmorrow (Friday) so my life should get back to normal next week....

Shana,

What a beautiful quilt. I agree I really like the Ohio Star with the mountains. One quilt guild I belong too just had a raffle which the Elks let us use their license. We use the money to make donation quilts for the in need here in the community. We sold tickets at $ 1.00 and 6 for $5.00. We raised almost $ 3,000. Couldn't believe it but one of the guild members won it. The elks put all the tickets in the cage and rolled and rolled them and a elk member pulled out the winning ticket so it wasn't rigged. I have to design block of the month for each month for 2010 for another quilt guild I belong to. Please let me know if I can use a couple of your designs with the credit going to you. I have my January block designed and it is so cute. Oh I wish I lived closer, you have such talent.

Mountainquilter

Diana

You all are too much! Really, I cannot take the credit here. It was a joint project and a lot of people made it a success. I am just the horn tooter. :)

Diana, you are welcome to use whatever you wish. These designs were made by either a block pattern or were created from a photo or another image. No need to give me any credit. I have nothing proprietary here. You just go and have fun.

Archived