Introducing myself

For months I've been reading these posts trying to figure out how to post so I finally emailed Dawn, one of the wonderful people on this site that I refer to as my "APQS family".

I started longarm quilting a year and half ago with an HQ16, but shortly realized that it wasn't my dream machine. So after taking a class with DeLoa Jones, I knew I wanted the Millenium with it's hydralic lift, fabric advance, smart bobbin, etc. and Dave DeLoa's lights! So Millie arrived in September and I just love her! (Working with the HQ gave me the confidence to just start right in and sew. After all, I can only get better.)

My name is Libby, and I retired after teaching fifth grade for 38 years. Since then I've gone quilting! I'm so exicted to be going to Rhode Island this year and can't wait to take my classes. With all your great advice I'm thinking of purchasing the Quiltzoid as my Christmas gift to myself. I mean, really, it's on SALE. I can't pass up a bargain.

Mostly I just quilt for myself. So I can't wait until I learn how to post pictures since I have a gorgeous quilt I made from DeLoa Jones book, Scraps Organized to Perfection, and would really like your advice on quilting it.

I feel like I already know so many of you from reading your posts these last few months. I'm humbled by your generosity, care and concern for others. Wishing you all a happy holiday and blessings for the new year.

Hi Libby, thanks for introducing yourself... I just love it, especially this time of year when most people are smiling, cheerful, say Hi or still in our neck of the woods, "MERRY CHRISTMAS"

Quilting can be fun, frustrating, rewarding, about anything positive, even if someone tries to make it positive.

Glad you have a great machine, and are into using it so quickly.

Welcome and Merry Christmas..

ritaR

Archived