Driver's Licenses...Why is it...

Originally posted by ffq-lar

:D:D:D

My state doesn't take new pictures and my DL photo is from 1998---

I LOOK MAHVELOUS!!!:P

I went into DMV once when it was time to renew. The lady said I could have just done it through the mail. I told her I wanted a new picture. She said I didn't need a new picture so I showed her my license. She took a new picture. You know it's bad when even the DMV agrees with you.

at the end of january, i took my son to get his learners permit. the man took his picture, showed it to us and asked if that one was ok or if we wanted it retaken. i thought this was so nice.

of course, my son just wanted to get the heck outta the dmv office and drive the car so no retake was done. but at least it was offered.

Kristina,

I don't know how bad the DL photo is but I LOVE the new avatar you posted. You let your hair grow out. You look happy and relaxed. You look fabulous! I actually like my DL photo. I did my hair, put makeup on, joked (female, no flirting) with the deputy and got a decent picture. I had my passport picture done at Costco and it came out good too. Of course, it is a small town Costco, wasn't busy and I went in with a smile instead of a complaint. The stars must have all been lined up right on those days. We'll see how the CW photo comes out.

Nancy

I have one DL picture that actually looks nice. DMV wanted it back when Dennis and I got married because my name changed. I told them I lost it:D I keep hoping that one of my pictures will look like that again, but unless they start taking them through a time/weight reduction camera...it ain't happen'!!:P:P

Patty Jo,,, don't even get me started thinking about passports at the Post Office,,, now I know why they call it "going Postal"!! They *must* recruit new hires from the same pool as the DMV! :o

Originally posted by PattyJo

I think walking thru the door of the DMV takes the happy out of any day!!:cool:

The same thing happens when you apply for a passport::o

LOL! I know just what you all mean! I just had to renew my DL about 3 weeks ago and the gal that works in that office is such a crab! She is definitely NOT a people person so I really think she is in the wrong job. Anyway, she tells me to stand at a certain spot by the wall and look at the dot. So I just get situated and she says "you're done". What the heck! My family really cracked up when my new license arrived in the mail. My husband looked at it and said "who is that?" :D:D

But he's such a joker anyway. A few years ago, he found a picture in a magazine of Lyle Lovett (singer). He knows that I just can't stand this guy, so he cuts the picture out and puts it in my billfold covering my picture on my drivers license. A couple days later we were shopping and stopped at Radio Shack to buy something. I had to show them my drivers license because I wrote a check and when I opened my billfold up and showed the clerk, we both did a double-take at that picture. Of course by then both my husband and daughter were ROFLTAO.

I just had my picture taken for my license. In PA they take as many as you want and you can choose it from the computer screen. But they have the chair set for medium height people and I'm tall. So I couldn't get my head centered right. Then I have no lips so my smile was horrible. I ended up just choosing one that looked a little better than awful.

Susanne hit the nail on the head. Those men just want to make us look awful, because the avatars on here are simply gorgeous. I posted my avatar with my dogs because I knew it would make me look better. Hey, that's what I should do the next time, take the dogs with me.

When I had mine taken many years ago they asked if I wanted it retaken. It didn't matter because it wasn't going to get any better unless I could have been allowed to wear a paper bag over my head.

I am surprised that cashiers who want to see my license recognize me after at least 17 years. The licenses now in New York are good for 10 years and they reuse the original picture. But I will take that over having to go to DMV ever again.

Here's my theory on the DL picture thing. When a clerk or some one needs to my DL I'm sure they take one glance at it, look at me for comparison and think wow she really looks good today :) The worse your DL picture the better you look every day. At our DMV they take two pictures and let you choose. If you don't like either picture I'm pretty sure they'd take another.

Hey Myrna be happy you moved out of Utah. On the news, people were standing in line for 8 hours and having to come back the next day. They changed their law and you have to prove you are a citizen to renew your license. Most people didn't have the right documentation after waiting that long. They also started only being open Monday thru Thursday to cut costs.

Wyoming you just have the eye doctor fill out his section, sign on the line, write a check and mail it in. They send you a new license with the old picture. I have never had a good one, not even a good company ID picture when I worked and I was there 26 years.

Mine is says i weigh 125lb, so.....that's my story and i'm stickin' to it! Funny when I had to renew my photo though, I was 8 months prego! I think that little number is wishful thinking on my part 'cause SOMEDAY i'll be that weight again and I just hate to have them change it then have to change it back someday...(note the Sarcasism!) Hahaha!

I, too, do not photograph well. I do not allow pictues. I have 2 that I think are acceptable and neither are on my DL! One is a formal protrait I had to have done when I went to work for a major retailer. I put it off for about 2 months and finally I got tired of the nagging. They called me at home when I was out with pnuemonia. I got up, got dressed, and did it. Sick as a dog and it was a great picture.. Every pose was great. The only othe one I've ever liked I had on no makeup, was freash out of the shower and my hair was barely dry, and my mother caught me. Perfect pic again. Maybe we should forget all the efforts to look good and just do it!

Archived