Driver's Licenses...Why is it...

i have a theory-

it's the angle they take the picture at....any photographer will tell you, it'll not flatter anyone....

that's my story and i'm sticking to it....

my head always looks so tiny on my shoulders....it's like i'm wearing football pads under my shirt...wait, maybe i have big shoulders.....

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

They just started here having you take off your glasses for the picture. I couldn't even see the camera! How can you smile when you don't know what you are looking at?!?!

me too. I can't even hear you without my glasses. Glad I don't need to renew my NV license. I could be looking at the ceiling when they took it. LOL

speaking of eyeglasses...i went a couple of weeks ago to get new ones..and since I need to wear safety glasses for the mine...i asked about having my prescription put into safety glasses. no can do as the safety frames cannot support the weight and thickness of my lenses. so, i went with polycarbonate lenses in my prescription and wide temple plastic frames. my eye doc laughed and said even though they do not officially count as safety glasses...they are more bulletproof than anything he could think of. so, i still have to keep a cheap pair of clear safety glasses to wear over my frames in case MSHA is near. what a joke! :D

I have already been twice down to the DMV to get my WI license, rejected twice because I didn't have all the correct documents. I think one needs to give blood to get a new state license. Now, I think I have all the correct ones, but I haven't gone...I just don't want to be sent home again:o :o:o

It is a World wide phenomenum - the people selected at the DMV departments throughout the world are specially selected for their abilities to take bad photographs. Note however, that it is only bad photographs of Women!!! This skill is further honed and developed by careful training.

My Driver's Licence photo is soooooo bad, it literally doesn't look at all like me. Honest, it doesn't (and husband, children and friends will attest to this!!)- if I have to present it for ID, there are always double takes, if not more. It is definitely a case of having to loose the darn thing so I can get it replaced. I know that it will not last the five years it is supposed to - call it premonition;).

My husband however has a really nice photo on his DL. His passport one is really nice too. Mine makes me look like a bitter, twisted old biddy without a happy thought to her name. (And I am mostly always happy!)

Cheers,

The people who take those pictures at the DMV I'm sure were trained by all those people who arrest people and get their mugshots ready for their arrest file. That is the only reason the pictures would come out that way. We have some nice people working at our DMV and they would never make you look that way on purpose. That's what I tell myself anyway. Hope all is well with all of you talented ladies out there, I am about to have my 7th grandchild in March and I have been sewing and quilting up a storm for this little guy. Have a nice evening.

It is definitely a case of having to loose the darn thing so I can get it replaced.

It doesn't work, Sue -I thought the same thing..."lost" it and waited and waited until one day when I felt like I could pull off a human-looking photo...went downtown and guess what...I paid my fee and they reprinted the freaking license I already had! crap! lesson learned!

I can't wait to get new pic this year. The last 2 times I wasn't ready when they took it. Not my fault. I know I'm no beauty queen, but I refuse to believe I look that bad. :D

First time, I was in a line for what felt like half hour. The loud chant of "1-2-3, NEXT" was repeated hundreds of times...I get there, person ahead of me "1-2-3, NEXT", I sit down, "NEXT"! What???? No 1-2-3???? Yep, looked horrible, they wouldn't retake, it was good for 8 years!

Next time, a new DMV with better process and almost no line. Noone ahead of me, what a break. I'm directed to where to sit and where to look for the pic. Waited for what felt like an eternity looking at that blessed dot while the lady talked to her mom about nothing. Can't watch the dot forever. Suddenly she balks "you can pick it up over there". What? You've got to be kidding. Yep, another bad picture...good for 5 more years. :P:P:P

Originally posted by Rita

It is definitely a case of having to loose the darn thing so I can get it replaced.

It doesn't work, Sue -I thought the same thing..."lost" it and waited and waited until one day when I felt like I could pull off a human-looking photo...went downtown and guess what...I paid my fee and they reprinted the freaking license I already had! crap! lesson learned!

At least here in New York if you loose your license they ask if you want a duplicate or if you want a new photo taken, the difference is about $50. So most just have a dup made.

one year, when my kids were toddlers, I was helping with Bible School at church. It was the last day and I had stayed late to get the "graduation certificates" completed for each child. All of a sudden it occured to me that I had to renew. I made a beeline to the DMV, had my picture taken...oh, my gosh....I looked like I was on death row and it was my last photo before...KeeeeKKKK (drawing a knife across my throat). It was terrible!! Of course, they haven't really gotten any better :D

Archived